Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Ummm, I'm not sure personally. I like the bomber and the star Destroyer (albeit I prefer the design on 75055) not sure about the At At, kinda reminds me of a transformer!? As with all sets, really difficult to comment until seeing them in person. Also, for some reason I really dislike the white packaging, to me it looks really vintage, may be because it reminds me of the Toy Story packaging?

Beatnik AT-AT looks slightly cooler than OT AT-AT, and I do think once this set hits on September 1st, that the AT-AT's and perhaps the ISD's will take a bit of a hit...  The ISD vs the FO ISD, i'm not so sure.  To me the original ISD is better...but until we see the set reviews, this is all just initial speculation.  I guess at this point, all those that wanted an OT AT-AT are going to have to either break buck up, or wait and get the beatnik AT-AT..  My guess is many will go the beatnik route.  Doesn't matter much to me... I put two and two together earlier this year when I heard rumors of new AT-AT's in this film, and decided to sell out my remaining stock before we got to this point.  I felt time was ticking, and when you are profiting over 200.00 on a single set, it's almost crazy to wait to squeeze out another 20.00 with the potential for a remake looming.

I do think the Resistance Bomber is cool, so at least there is one new set.  With the Kylo Ren Tie Interceptor, I think that one won't be that innovative or groundbreaking.  Then, I guess one of the 3 remaining sets we haven't seen of the 7 is a BB-8 which is supposed to be 75187 and priced at 89.99...  So, that leaves two sets (29.99) and (49.99) to deliver the last of the Last Jedi waves...  Finn is supposedly in the cheapest set (29.99)..  I'd assume Luke is in the other one of those... and i'd assume it would be the 49.99 set.  Something tells me it will be an Act-two playset with him and Rey, that is kinda in the same vein as Battle of Geonosis, Takodana, Bunker Battle, and Encounter on Jakkuu..

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

I have decided to give up on the new episode films as they are like a Lego rehash change a few bits and call it new. I am waiting for the moment they decide to do 2 part films to kill off the enjoyment. I say this now I will probably succumb to watching it.

4 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

I have decided to give up on the new episode films as they are like a Lego rehash change a few bits and call it new. I am waiting for the moment they decide to do 2 part films to kill off the enjoyment. I say this now I will probably succumb to watching it.

Wonder if they will have 5 new "Bounty Hunters" on the FO Star Destroyer being told by Snoke, that they need to hunt down Luke and bring him back alive.  They'll probably have a new mandelorian clone called "Bongo Fett" that will have tan armor instead of blue or faded green...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

For some reason the Vice Admiral Holdo minifigure made me think of a young Bea Arthur. Perhaps it is memories from that elusive holiday special surfacing.

It's not just you, Laura Dern has purple hair instead of blue, but it may not have translated over to LEGO very well.

Laura-Dern-as-Vice-Admiral-Amilyn-Holdo-

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

So would 75187 be Kylo´s Tie Advanced?

That's BB-8, which is supposed to come in the same sized box as the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium...  75179 is supposedly Kylo's Interceptor.. .which usually fits the price point of tie fighters..

The two sets that are unknowns is the 29.99, and 49.99... Luke's in one of those, i'd assume.

• Like 1

I'm going to take a very unpopular opinion on the new SD. It looks more realistic to be made in real life. The OT star destroyer command center was shaped like a T for target for "good guys."

I never really liked the idea of the command staff of a unimaginable expensive ship to be placed in such a bad position. 

In star wars there are fighters everywhere that can get to it. The air craft carriers today rely on security from other ships and being some what nimble. If a fighter got close enough to a air craft carrier through all the defences to literally kiss them, then then having a command center above is the least of their concerns. 

The Star Destroyers on the other hand appear be brawlers.  So why not at least try and somewhat protect important stuff like the command staff. 

The empire seems to hate screening ships. They seem to welcome row boats blowing up battleships. 

In star wars there are fighters everywhere that can get to it. The air craft carriers today rely on security from other ships and being some what nimble. If a fighter got close enough to a air craft carrier through all the defences to literally kiss them, then then having a command center above is the least of their concerns. 
The Star Destroyers on the other hand appear be brawlers.  So why not at least try and somewhat protect important stuff like the command staff. 
The empire seems to hate screening ships. They seem to welcome row boats blowing up battleships. 

Ha, really? Applying logic to a fantasy film set in space where all the aliens speak English and a planet sized star base is destroyed because of a design flaw.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

@CM4Sci , 

That is a whole lot of drama. It's like a soap opera.  It's sad when this stuff happens with a product that should be nothing by joy.  

Like many of here, I have enough enough drama with the wife (Lego hater), dog and kids. 

I think it's extremely stupid that this stuff happens and I'm the only one who cares enough to report about it lol