42054 - CLAAS XERION 5000 TRAC VC

TheOrcKing

• 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, rpaulson7 said:

Pretty quiet on this one.  I think it looks like a really cool set - but way too early for investment.

Incidentally, $129.99 (28% off) on Amazon right now.

I agree, I've returned all 9 of my dinged ones bought at £60 and kept 3 for Xmas present and to build. I think they'll likely be half-price again like the Arctic Truck was. It's a lovely set and I think it could be the best performer % wise out of the whole theme.

For those in the UK, a G30 sized box (600x450x150mm) is what you need for this, other mid-sized Technic and CITY trains.

I just ordered one for personal build off of Amazon.US.  Pretty good discount IMO. I know it's not retiring soon, but I'm just starting to build my large Technic model collection and almost missed out on 42030 Volvo L350F Wheel Loader at discount before it retired, so I jumped at this one. Not sure how you are finding these at 50% off. Any newbie tips?

2 minutes ago, bigfanofnu said:

I just ordered one for personal build off of Amazon.US.  Pretty good discount IMO. I know it's not retiring soon, but I'm just starting to build my large Technic model collection and almost missed out on 42030 Volvo L350F Wheel Loader at discount before it retired, so I jumped at this one. Not sure how you are finding these at 50% off. Any newbie tips?

Amazon uk has been discounting it heavily since September and UK supermarkets had it price matched and 3 for 2 last month.

Very nice set, worthy of being a flagship any other year.

• 3 years later...