2017 Sets list - Rumoured

49 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Price point of $69.99 seems too low to be a Y-Wing if an X-wing is $79.99

I disagree. It depends on the build, but X-Wing tends to have a bit more pieces and a higher price.

Example: both released in 2012, the Y-wing was 49.99€ and the X-Wing was 69.99€ so it's possible.

http://brickset.com/sets/9495-1/Gold-Leader-s-Y-wing-Starfighter

http://brickset.com/sets/9493-1/X-wing-Starfighter

Also wasn't the U-wing MSRP 69.99$?

• Like 1

U-wing is 79.99...

Anyway, i'd doubt there is an x-wing, or an at-at in the January wave.

To be honest, looking at the Star Wars set list, I feel like January will be a rather dull month.  I'm sure the Rogue One battlepacks will be awesome and i'm sure that will help fill up the Uwing with minis, but the names of the other sets due out seem dull.  Duel of the Fates sounds ok, but at a 29.99 cost, it's going to be a very small set with little to it.  Yoda's starfighter sounds like it's some EU or clonewars based set.  In another report, they said it was actually Yoda's Hut so, tough to say which is accurate.  But overall that list almost matches up with this one.   In the end, the Star Wars theme needs an influx of new ideas.  Another landspeeder, and desert skiff?  So does this mean, they are going to repeat the Jabba theme over the next few years?

My son and I look forward to our yearly ritual of driving 5 hours away on the 1st of the year to go to a lego store to buy new sets and see a movie on the large IMAX theatre.  This year, I'm not sure it will be as interesting as it was the previous 2 years.  It will be interesting to see what the Rogue One set is, but I think AT-AT's are safe for a while.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

That's my thought on the Rogue One sets. I'm all for new vehicles, but how are we supposed to reconcile the fact that they weren't present in the O/T universe?

To be honest, the galaxy is quite large, that seeing new vehicles, characters or ships should be a given.  The u-wing seems like it's just a dropship that carries ground troops.  In a New Hope, there weren't any scenes that required that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Sears tower ( Willis now?), John Hancock, navy pier....awesome from every direction.  But I gotta defend it, I'm a Chicagoan. 

I agree...Navy Pier as part of the scene with a little (Centennial Wheel) Ferris wheel would be kind of interesting.

• Like 2

I might be the only one, but I'd love Yoda's Jedi Star fighter.  It featured prominently in a Yoda-centric story arc towards the end of Clone Wars.  I am biased, though, the ETA-2 class star fighters the Jedi favoured was probably my favourite craft from the prequel trilogy.

latest?cb=20140727192854

• Like 1

What stands out for me:

Architecture

Sydney (21032)
Chicago (21033)
London (21034)

I like the city skylines, and I like this choice better than the last three.  

City

Beach Buggy – 9.99
Fishing Boat (60147) – 19.99
Truck with Catamaran – 19.99
Truck with Quads – 19.99

Interesting little sub theme (?).  I like the look of that fishing boat, so I'm curious about these other three.  I want to see what the quads look like; that set might fit in with my Winter Village theme.

Pizza Van – 19.99
Street Sweeper and Truck – 29.99

Love it!  Can't wait to see this one.  Funny that Friends is a Pizzeria.  I also love this new service vehicle.  We've been getting a steady stream of them the last couple of years, between the Recycling Truck and Snow Plow.  I'm curious to see how it compares, though, to the street sweeper in the service station that just came out.

Bank Robbery – 59.99
Service Truck Heist – 19.99
Gangster Squad (60135) – 5.99
Money Truck – 14.99

I want to see what those Gangsters look like.  Those could be pretty cool.  I'm wondering how the Service Truck Heist and the Money Truck compare to Doc Ock's Truck Heist.  These sets might compliment the Brick Bank really well.

Speed Champions sub theme

75877 Mercedes AMG GT3
75878 Bugatti 

Love it.  Both of those cars are pretty sleek looking.  I love the Speed Champions cars, so looking forward to these, too.

More to come.  That's enough thoughts for this hour.