2017 Sets list - Rumoured

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Don´t see why there can´t be another Phantom - it´s the same gap as when MF/X wing retired and the new one came any maybe even Homing droids. Probably will be another set but it cannot be discounted.

Rumor/Assumptions from the S3 Trailer that I've read on the net

Spoiler

Old Phantom will be destroyed in battle. New Phantom is briefly pictured in the trailer. We shall see if Lego makes it compatible with the Ghost. If so, the price on the Ghost might get a nice boost.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

Rumor/Assumptions from the S3 Trailer that I've read on the net

Spoiler Old Phantom will be destroyed in battle. New Phantom is briefly pictured in the trailer. We shall see if Lego makes it compatible with the Ghost. If so, the price on the Ghost might get a nice boost.

Hopefully so

14 minutes ago, tjj1984 said:

2017 Star Wars Annual looks to include Chopper and Ezra:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Lego00ae.png-Star-Wars-Annual/dp/1405283440/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1470297428&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+star+wars+annual

That, combined with another Phantom set tells me it's probably a good time to sell off 75048.

Gotta wait until the new season starts though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Not dissing your city one bit, the waterfront is really cool, but you won't see much of that in a skyline. The Willis (whatever you call it) and Hancock Buildings just aren't as iconic as say the Empire State and Rockefeller buildings in New York.

I'm not a fan of these skylines anyway, I think the New York one looks weak and it  genuinely does have an iconic skyline and Venice looks like it's the front of the Venetian in Las Vegas. If it had been a separate line from architecture then maybe it would have worked better.

Guaranteed to see Willis, and likely to see Hancock.

Disagree on "iconic-ness" of Sears/Willis - for 25 years it was the tallest building in the world.  For arch/engineer nerds, it was also the first building to utilize "bundled tube" structural design that is the basis for all modern skyscraper design - Burj Khalifa, Jeddah Tower, etc.

Betting we'll see Willis, Hancock, Marina Towers and a smaller building like the Beaux-Artes style Field Museum or Art Institute.  An outside the box choice would be a Ferris Wheel (the first and most iconic was at 1893 Worlds Fair in Chicago).  If they had a sense of humor, they would include the "bean" (aka Cloud Gate) as a single silver stud.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Quacs said:

Guaranteed to see Willis, and likely to see Hancock.

Disagree on "iconic-ness" of Sears/Willis - for 25 years it was the tallest building in the world.  For arch/engineer nerds, it was also the first building to utilize "bundled tube" structural design that is the basis for all modern skyscraper design - Burj Khalifa, Jeddah Tower, etc.

Betting we'll see Willis, Hancock, Marina Towers and a smaller building like the Beaux-Artes style Field Museum or Art Institute.  An outside the box choice would be a Ferris Wheel (the first and most iconic was at 1893 Worlds Fair in Chicago).  If they had a sense of humor, they would include the "bean" (aka Cloud Gate) as a single silver stud.

Amen

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Err, pre-2000 era?  How could anyone organize a strike on a bankrupt company ????

I suppose not against Detroit Steel specifically but steel companies were hot zones of feuds between union workers and the company they worked for. Pre-2000 that is.

I think the Detroit Steel the set is referring to is this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Steel

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheBrick said:

I suppose not against Detroit Steel specifically but steel companies were hot zones of feuds between union workers and the company they worked for. Pre-2000 that is.

I think the Detroit Steel the set is referring to is this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Steel

Ah Post-Civil War character. That was the limit of my comics knowledge. :P

The design looks cool.  It is probably going to be a $40-$50 set to pull that off though

Just now, Will 4 said:

Dunno but why was it taken down from Eurobricks? As I can't find it in they're 2017 set forum. Which kinda suggests no.

I didn't post any drawings yet but EB banned them last year after I posted them. Apparently they're too close to the real thing and count as leaking :P

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Is it cool if I repost everything I posted on Eurobricks? Descriptions for themes and stuff. Are drawings cool here? 

28 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

I didn't post any drawings yet but EB banned them last year after I posted them. Apparently they're too close to the real thing and count as leaking :P

Post away!  Even sketches (unless we get a takedown notice on those).  Just pics are not allowed.

NINJAGO:

General facts: 
New snake piece that is a bar wide and is S shaped. 
Kai and Nya's parents
Swamps, samurai, etc
The fusion suits are used.
Collectables this time around are colored... things, I don't know how to describe them but they're small blades. 
Grey rocks built of the Galaxy Squad cocoons appear frequently 
The bad guys use Uruk-hai swords 

70621 - A small tree build with one of those rocks on top that explodes and has snakes inside. Green blade included. 2 red Vermillion, and Kai.

70622 - Two bikes. One, Jay's, is blue/dark blue, white dishes in the wheels, lighting coming off, and is awesome. Bike 2 has giant blades in the front. Think of a motorcycle, only the front wheel is angled upwards and is a track. Blue blade included, orange and red Vermillion, and snakes.

70623 - Another, bigger, angled-track vehicle with blades in front. They're the Chima constraction blades but in lightish brown or sand red? Dual catapults on the back that launch more snake rocks. A small barricade included. Green blade, Zane, 2 Vermillion, and snakes!

70624 - Awesome boat-like build. Imagine the Destiny's Bounty but without the giant sails and back area. In the back are two olive-green canoes! On the sides are red plastic wings. Also included is a Vermillion soldier on a hoverboard. Green blade, Lloyd, Cole, and a red Vermillion. More snakes!

70625 - Small black, blue, tan, gold car with dual six-stud shooters in back. I can't make out if someone is driving the car. Red Medusa has a weird leg build with more of the new snake piece. Small build is some terrace that holds the blue blade. Nya, Medusa, and red Vermillion. Snakes!

70626 - Giant snake thing, curves up into an S with a circle chest that holds all 4 blade pieces. Controlled by two Rogue guys with a spring-shooter eye. It's got arms too. It looks like it can pounce, there's a weird mechanic on the side. Also included is a tall swampy building, it's got wooden planks a prison for Wu (again!) and a small speedboat for Lloyd. Includes 2 Rogues, red Vermillion, Jay, Lloyd, and Sensei Wu. And snakes!!!

vsXiYL3.jpg 

70627 - The blacksmith shop! Included a cool looking morphed red and blue dragon with two heads that both Kai and Nya ride on. Also included is a way smaller version of 70626 that uses the new snake piece a lot. Orange/yellow blade, Kai, Nya, their parents, and red and brown Vermillion

• Like 5