2017 Sets list - Rumoured

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Alpinemaps said:

And the ski chalet and the ski lift.

But they both look like easy swaps.  I don't know if you've built the Hot Dog Cart, but my daughter built it over the weekend.  It probably takes less than 20 pieces (on the cart itself) to swap out the teal and pink for colors to fit a non-friends scene.  It looks like the teal is unavoidable on the ski lift like the track from the roller coaster.

But this is all easy to explain...

LEGO WANTS AFOLS TO BUY FRIENDS SETS TOO!  It is ingenious.  How many AFOLs are buying these amusement park theme sets to color swap?  Even if the answer is 5%, that is 4.5% more than would be buying these sets anyways.  That means they get the normal Friends crowd and the additional AFOLs who have no interest in HL sets, Pop Star sets, the Friends Jungle sub-theme etc.  IMO it is very smart...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The leopard and jaguar in the jungle sets look great, but too big IMHO.  That mold should have been saved for tigers & lions (bigger cats).

The leopard is fine :P 

Did anyone get a chance to see the 31069 I think it's called the Family Villa...looks nice!

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Wait...what?  Where did you see this?  I missed that completely.

I'll update if I find the pic again, but it looks like they took it down.  There was a white Cinderella carriage in the foreground and a medium/large Ariel playset in the back with a minidoll Ursula and a small build of Ursula's lair.

10 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I like the white carriage much better than the previous blue ones. And that Ursela set looks awesome.

Agreed on the white carriage and I missed the Fairy Godmother on first glance.  I like both.

Also, does that build on the right look you put Ariel in it so she can see what she looks like with legs (like the Hot Dog Cart picture setup).  This is the Poor Unfortunate Souls playset then?  There had better be those sad little former merpeople things then!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Here´s a nice video that summarises all the sets on display. As mentioned, no SW or exclusives. The blue creator car looks quite big.

Lol the video focused more on the sets that were already out :P  One example, there was a turntable with several Disney minidolls and they moved on to the next thing JUST BEFORE the new Ursula fig was to be shown. 

The Creator stuff looks great as always. Not so thrilled about the new City themes. I mean the whole Jungle thing is stupid. What's the point of having a jungle theme if you aren't going to include any actual fauna and flora. From what I've seen there's only like one panther and a bunch of rocks. The rest is just vehicles. I know that Lego doesn't like including baseplates anymore, but they should. Have one with a river or maybe a raised baseplate like they used in the Islanders and Adventurers sets. Would make the sets look so much better.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

The Creator stuff looks great as always. Not so thrilled about the new City themes. I mean the whole Jungle thing is stupid. What's the point of having a jungle theme if you aren't going to include any actual fauna and flora. From what I've seen there's only like one panther and a bunch of rocks. The rest is just vehicles. I know that Lego doesn't like including baseplates anymore, but they should. Have one with a river or maybe a raised baseplate like they used in the Islanders and Adventurers sets. Would make the sets look so much better.

Like a Volcano base with no proper volcano, perhaps?

• Like 4