71018 - Minifigures - Series 17

loki221978

Some more information is now available regarding the next CMF series so I thought I'd revive this thread.

Series 17 is scheduled for a May 1st release and will retail for 3.99$ / 3.99€.

The European price hike does not seem to be unique to the Batman series as some retailers are already putting up listings for the S17 figures for 3.99€. I think we can expect 3.99€ for all of the future CMF series.

As for the content of the series, so far we have only seen this picture on the Batman CMF leaflet:

header-legobatmovie-minifigs2-768x431.jpg

Here are some of the rumored minifigures (found on eurobricks forum):

• Circus Strongman
  • Butterfly Suit Girl
  • Hot Dog Vendor
  • Battle Dwarf
  • Corn Cob Guy (leaked image floating around)

Feel free to post rumors and/or speculate about the series (but don't post any leaked images). What other miniifgures do you guys expect / want to see?

• Like 6

It is an epic fail this new price EUR 4. Absolutelly no reason to increase the price by 100% (!!!!!!!!!) during 5 years !

Such price can be acceptable only for licensed series , such as batman serie (althogh many characters are just own TLG licence), not at all for standard figs. 

EUR 4 for ONE non-licenced fig is extremly overpriced. And for a blind bag its just a robbery - many customers, which are not checking the bags by feeling, need to throw out a lot of money to get full serie. Its unacceptable.

2 hours ago, BP said:

3,99 sucks :(

39 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

It is an epic fail this new price EUR 4. Absolutelly no reason to increase the price by 100% (!!!!!!!!!) during 5 years !

Such price can be acceptable only for licensed series , such as batman serie (althogh many characters are just own TLG licence), not at all for standard figs. 

EUR 4 for ONE non-licenced fig is extremly overpriced. And for a blind bag its just a robbery - many customers, which are not checking the bags by feeling, need to throw out a lot of money to get full serie. Its unacceptable.

Yeah, makes you wonder how far they can go. Apparently customers are still willing to pay 4€, because Batman figs are selling out quickly over here.

May sound harsh, but for investors of previous minifigure series I'd say it could be good news. I think we can expect a slight boost for older series as people may be more willing to pay a premium compared to previous RRP of 3€ (and 2.5€ before that and 2€ before that).

28 minutes ago, Poppy2612 said:

The shape of that shadow head kind of reminds me of some of the ninjago villains - perchance ninjago movie figures before series 17?

It's possible, though I doubt it.

The shadow makes it look like he has epaulettes and a cape. The neck is also thicker than a regular minifigure, hinting at an additional accessory. Maybe a beard or a scarf?

Picture of corncob man from reddit shows him next to a box of corn flakes cereal ...? Like he is a freebie in some Asian box of corn flakes...? Not disputing him being or not in series 17, just my 2 cents. Hmm, can't even find the same picture anymore, glad I took a screen shot.

Edited by Lordoflego

EUR 4 for ONE non-licenced fig is extremly overpriced. And for a blind bag its just a robbery - many customers, which are not checking the bags by feeling, need to throw out a lot of money to get full series. Its unacceptable.

Rising price is a bummer for parents, but good news for resellers. I'm hoping they keep raising the price and produce less. These things fly off the shelves here in California. I wouldn't be surprised if Series 18 has a $5 RRP here in the States.

Picture of corncob man from reddit shows him next to a box of corn flakes cereal ...? Like he is a freebie in some Asian box of corn flakes...? Not disputing him being or not in series 17, just my 2 cents. Hmm, can't even find the same picture anymore, glad I took a screen shot.

MSG variant
  • Like 3

From Reddit and Eurobricks, hints for Series 17:

* 1) Circus Strongman
* 2) Butterfly suit girl
* 3) Hello, I am a town character that is present in at least 25 minifigures since the 80's and I am never been released as a collectible minifigure
* 4) Hello, I am a guy and seeing me will make people think what you thought when it was series 4 and there was one character related to series 1.
* 5) Battle Dwarf
* 6) Hello, I am a girl, I will make many army builders happy, I have a counterpart scattered somewhere in the first 10 waves.
* 7) Hot Dog Vendor
* 8) Hello, I am a guy and my silhouette is visible in the leaftlet for batman series. I am not a pirate. (Also stated to not be a Matador or Town Crier)
* 9) Corn Cob Suit Guy
* 10) Hello, I am a character from one nationality specifically.
* 11) Hello, I am a girl, and I am related to someone in series 5 and someone in series 15 at the very same time.
* 12) Hello, I am a character, and you don't want to mess with me. I sound like a re-hash from someone in the first 5 waves, if this is historically correct.
* 13) Hello, I am a guy and this is totally bizarre. Really, nobody would have thought that I would have ever been a minifigure. And my price will sky-rocket. At least this is what Shintaku thinks.
* 14) Hello, I am a guy and I will make the 80's great again. No I am not Donald Trump.
* 15) Hello, I am a character, and I am not always on planet Earth.
* 16) Hello, I am a character and I am somewhat related to animals.

From Reddit and Eurobricks, hints for Series 17:

* 1) Circus Strongman
* 2) Butterfly suit girl
* 3) Hello, I am a town character that is present in at least 25 minifigures since the 80's and I am never been released as a collectible minifigure
* 4) Hello, I am a guy and seeing me will make people think what you thought when it was series 4 and there was one character related to series 1.
* 5) Battle Dwarf
* 6) Hello, I am a girl, I will make many army builders happy, I have a counterpart scattered somewhere in the first 10 waves.
* 7) Hot Dog Vendor
* 8) Hello, I am a guy and my silhouette is visible in the leaftlet for batman series. I am not a pirate. (Also stated to not be a Matador or Town Crier)
* 9) Corn Cob Suit Guy
* 10) Hello, I am a character from one nationality specifically.
* 11) Hello, I am a girl, and I am related to someone in series 5 and someone in series 15 at the very same time.
* 12) Hello, I am a character, and you don't want to mess with me. I sound like a re-hash from someone in the first 5 waves, if this is historically correct.
* 13) Hello, I am a guy and this is totally bizarre. Really, nobody would have thought that I would have ever been a minifigure. And my price will sky-rocket. At least this is what Shintaku thinks.
* 14) Hello, I am a guy and I will make the 80's great again. No I am not Donald Trump.
* 15) Hello, I am a character, and I am not always on planet Earth.
* 16) Hello, I am a character and I am somewhat related to animals.

So cool if this is true... I wonder if #10 is the U.K. Lester?
  • Like 1