71018 - Minifigures - Series 17

loki221978

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So apparently Lego really doesn't like Belgium and The Netherlands.

According to various sources, series 17 will not be available in both of these countries. This has happened in the past with some other series, most notably series 11.

I can't think of any good reason not to sell them over here as minifigures are generally very popular here, but then again it's TLG.

Luckily, there's plenty of online stores that will sell these and ship to BE/NL. Keep in mind these will be 3.99, so you're looking at around 200-240€ for a box.

Sources:

http://www.lcc.builders/2017/03/06/series-17-niet-beschikbaar-in-be-nl/

http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-minifiguren-sammelserie-71018-17-serie-macht-sich-rar-22591/

• 4 weeks later...

The mystery fig has been rumored to be a highway man, and the silhouette matches that idea still.

I like all of them and will pick up a full set. Will be interesting to see the distribution to get an idea what might be hot or not.

I'll have to pick up multiples of the Battle Dwarf, Corn Cob Guy, and Hot Dog Man for my Halloween Town and Fairgrounds (someday....).

My daughter is going to love the Butterfly Girl and Vet. I think Corn Con Guy, Rocket Boy and Retro Spaceman are my favorites.

2 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Am I missing something.  What's up with the silhouetted highway man?  Why are they being so secretive about him?  

Likely nothing, no real reason - I was thinking the same think, but then I realized this was likely just the new LEGO PR machine, playing the game (man, am I bitter).

• Like 3

Why did the Roman Gladiator not come with a net? 

Per wikipedia:

A retiarius (plural retiarii; literally, "net-man" or "net-fighter" in Latin) was a Roman gladiator who fought with equipment styled on that of a fisherman: a weighted net (rete, hence the name), a three-pointed trident (fuscina or tridens), and a dagger (pugio).

As much as the Surfer is a dud of a figure, I like the shark surfboard.  My Shark Suit Guy will very much enjoy his new accessory.

The Hot Dog Vendor helps complete the Hot Dog Cart color-swap by firing Stephanie and replacing her with this guy (the boy minidoll was replaced in Series 13)

Butterfly girl and Rocket boy are really adding to the trick or treaters for the Haunted House I don't yet have and Haunted Mansion/Vampyre Castle

...but I will get a full set for me and extras for the family/kids.

• Like 3