Sales decrease on eBay

anolian

Hi, I live in Canada and ever since ebay changed there policy to only allow Canadians  post in cad and not usd my sales have dropped. Has any one else had this issue. Is me posting in cad scaring away us customers. I can still see my ad on ebay.com but no sales. Should I start selling on ebay.com now? Is anything else having this issue if do what did you o to fix it.

Thsnks

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AirborneAFOL said:

I've personally never understood the whole "ebay.ca" thing. I can only guess it's related to some CA-specific laws/regulations...

Does ebay.uk, ebay.fr, ebay.au, ebay.es etc etc etc stump you the same way?

It's a localized selling platform under the ebay umbrella. What's to get? :P 

On August 22, 2016 at 5:26 AM, anolian said:

Hi, I live in Canada and ever since ebay changed there policy to only allow Canadians  post in cad and not usd my sales have dropped. Has any one else had this issue. Is me posting in cad scaring away us customers. I can still see my ad on ebay.com but no sales. Should I start selling on ebay.com now? Is anything else having this issue if do what did you o to fix it.

Thsnks

Not sure why posting in CAD would 'scare away' customers.... When I browse anything on ebay.ca, any USD listings (the majority really) are converted to CAD pricing for me. The same happens if you've listed in CAD and then view it from .com, it will show you the USD pricing. I would imagine shipping costs are the biggest factor in deterring US buyers from purchasing from us Canadian sellers. 

You mention later in the thread that listing on .com has increased your sales.... I'm curious how you list shipping costs when shipping from Canada though? It won't give you any of the options Canadians have available to use. How are you getting around that? You have to select a service, even if you're listing with free shipping don't you?

I know Redghost gets around it because he can actually cross the border and ship from the other side, but most don't have that ability or willingness. 

Edited by Zelgazra