Toys R Us - Weekly Minifigures Collection

c_rpg

Just saw this on the German Toys R Us website.

PICTURE REDACTED

Every week there will be a new set of four limited edition minifigures. The price is 14.99€ per set.

What do you guys think about these? It seems nice to collect if you're in to minifigures, but the price for the previous minifigure collections has not increased that much and there were 5 figures in those instead of 4 (see 5002146, 5002147 and 5002148).

This week is the first set of four music related minifigures.

PICTURES REDACTED

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brian Briggs said:

These are neat but the price is too high, especially compared to minifigures from the CMF series (2.99€ each) or from licensed themes.

Yes, they should have been 10€. Maybe the other sets will be worth it, but these figures seem kinda dull for 14.99€. No accessories except the one microphone either.

Price is purely based on the fact that they are limited edition I guess.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Come on. I just say I'm pulling down the pic and you post a video of the pic? Really?

oops sorry I missed that part.  The death star thread has gotten me in the habit of just reading half of the post if it's more than one line long.  Please be gentle with the mop.

Edited by lazuli16
spelling

Sooo why exactly where the pictures of the first set taken down? I get that they are not yet released in the US, but they are available for sale right now in Germany. As it's a Toys R Us exclusive it seems to me that the pics are clean as soon as Toys R Us puts the set up for sale.

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

$15 for 4, what a deal.  Sure you can pay $1 more to get 4 latest minifigures from series 16,17, Disney, or mix and match.  But who cares about math :drag:

The Bricktober mini-mods aren't worth $20 either.  They want to encourage you to buy something else so they can give you these, so they jack up the price.  If you buy them at the inflated price, cool.  If you spend $XX to get them, cool.  It makes sense for TRU.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

The Bricktober mini-mods aren't worth $20 either.  They want to encourage you to buy something else so they can give you these, so they jack up the price.  If you buy them at the inflated price, cool.  If you spend $XX to get them, cool.  It makes sense for TRU.

I'd be down if they were a promo giveaway, but afaik they are only available for direct purchase in Germany.

22 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Sooo why exactly where the pictures of the first set taken down? I get that they are not yet released in the US, but they are available for sale right now in Germany. As it's a Toys R Us exclusive it seems to me that the pics are clean as soon as Toys R Us puts the set up for sale.

Can you post a link to them?