Toys R Us - Weekly Minifigures Collection

c_rpg

9 hours ago, gregpj said:

Can you post a link to them?

http://www.toysrus.de/family/index.jsp?categoryId=37377691&ab=DE_LEGO-BS_H1_LEGOMinifigures is the minifigures category on the website. The main ad basically says "new set every week", "only at Toys R Us" and "limited supply".

http://www.toysrus.de/product/index.jsp?productId=60674441 is the product page for the first set.

8 hours ago, dcdfan said:

Weren't the ones from 2013 give aways every week in Germany, like the US?

I'm not sure. I didn't start buying at toysrus.de until a few months ago.

Seems like a silly idea to change the concept, they would sell a lot more Lego if they were giveaways.

If these were promotional giveaways as the former, I could be considerably less critical. However I would agree these unfortunately feel uninspired to borderline "Frankesteined". While I will note there is some usage of various torsos, faces, and leggings from the Minifigures line, the overall compositions are seeming generic juxtapositions. Truth be told though the original Bricktober offerings all were simple 'classic' designs from years long past then again those were cohesive characters at the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Briggs said:

Prices on ebay are insane. I just looked at the prices for the first set, and the going rate seems to be 35€ shipped (about 2.5x RRP). :blink:

Yup. Glad I got 5. Second set was limit 2, but still sold out in a matter of hours. I expect the next set will be limit 1.

2 hours ago, kd123 said:

If last year's bricktober were any indication, these sets of miniatures will be around for some time (at least in Canada imo) and they will likely offer the complete set with purchase months down the road to clear up soon at a fraction of the original buy in.

Germany seems to have very little stock and high demand. Maybe it's also because lots of people from outside Germany are buying at toysrus.de.

I'm guessing that current inflated prices will collapse once these are released in the US and Canada. I'm looking to sell all my stuff before October. Anyway, it's silly to wait for possible "what if scenarios" if you can get 2x your buy-in right now.