Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - October 2016

Lordoflego

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

Free Advent. Wonder why they didn't call it an Advent calendar? Generic artwork - is it a special edition calendar, or is it any of the calendars?

Considering I'm willing to spend retail on a calendar, that's a 30% discount on my $100 purchase.

And $10 back in points :) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

It's hard to tell in that graphic, but is 2XVIP all month long?  Looks like I have to do a road trip on October 1st this year. 

If double VIP doesn't start on 1st (I can't see either), it's definitely one of first few days of October plus per thebrickfan: 

September 30: The LEGO Star Wars Death Star (75159) will be available for purchase for the general public.

October 1: The LEGO Creator Winter Holiday Train (10254) will be available for purchase for the general public.

October 1-25: FREE Exclusive Holiday Countdown Calendar with purchases of $99 or more, while supplies last. Build and rebuild 24 new sets as you count down to the holidays.

October 1-31: Double VIP Points are back for the month.

October 4-5: LEGO VIP Monthly Mini Model build is a Werewolf (40217).

October 14 & 28: Family Game Night at LEGO Brand Stores.

October 15: LEGO Friends exclusive VIP building event at LEGO Brand Stores.

And September 30th is when all the Rogue One Sets are released.  The way I look at it, 2xVIP, plus the advent calendar is more than likely a 30.00 (or more - remember the gingerbread house and lego train?) discount if I grab Krennics Shuttle, and a minifigure pack.  A 99.99 shuttle for 69.00.. is a good start for Rogue One discounts, once I flip the advent promo.

Edited by fossilrock

38 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

And September 30th is when all the Rogue One Sets are released.  The way I look at it, 2xVIP, plus the advent calendar is more than likely a 30.00 (or more - remember the gingerbread house and lego train?) discount if I grab Krennics Shuttle, and a minifigure pack.  A 99.99 shuttle for 69.00.. is a good start for Rogue One discounts, once I flip the advent promo.

You want "Rogue One" sets?

0382_s7tr.gif

• Like 2

Interesting that Halloween basically gets a small nod on the calendar this year. After the last few years where between minifig series, and Monster Fighters, they had products to promote. Will be interesting to see if Monster Fighters and HH in particular starts to tick upward this year.

Any guesses if the Disney Castle will still be available if you wait to order during first day of double VIP?  Daughter really wants for Christmas.  This is my first year here so I haven't experienced the "Holiday Rush/Out of Stock" yet to know if worth the risk or not (yes I know it's only an extra $15 credit + value of Holiday countdown set, but still free money :) ).

1 minute ago, BRIX23 said:

Any guesses if the Disney Castle will still be available if you wait to order during first day of double VIP?  Daughter really wants for Christmas.  This is my first year here so I haven't experienced the "Holiday Rush/Out of Stock" yet to know if worth the risk or not (yes I know it's only an extra $15 credit + value of Holiday countdown set, but still free money :) ).

With a public availability date of Sep 1st, I'd think you'd be safe. Any shortages will only be temporary and will probably be resolved within a week. So maybe there might be some backordering going on towards the middle of Sep, but that should be resolved by October. Of course, no guarantee.

• Like 1

I'm already looking forward to the October deals

Holiday train will cover the Calendar and get double points.  

If When I get the train, I know I'll want to get extra tracks and motor functions. (I've never been onboard with LEGO train building before...pun intended) But I guess I will now and might as well do it right since Christmas display MOCs are my fav. That might be enough for another Calendar set and double points.

I hope they introduce new pick a brick pieces as well so I can stock up. Penguin is nice but they look like some new models from older pieces. Hoping for a few new pieces at least.

Big thing I'm on the fence is Disney Castle. Obviously, the promo is right with exclusive set offer and double points, I'll likely get some gift cards for Christmas so maybe I can wait a little more. There's also November and hopefully the Holdiday promotion will happen then and I'm saving points for Black Friday.

Edited by MrToes16

9 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

I can't wait to purchase a Sandcrawler during double points...

Be vigilant. Last week, the Sandcrawler started to disappear from various retailers and people started to wonder if it was finally going to be retired.  LEGO Sets will likely retire in November-December so just keep that in mind.