Shop at Home Website Redesign (Sept 2016)

cladner

38 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Just had a look at the all new lego website very depressing viewing.

Just take a look at the retired section,the nightmare has become reality Lego now Fishing for information  via wishlist on which sets to reissue .

Only way around this one is to time your buying and selling of popular sets very well or go for the less popular sets.

Is that 'Add To Wishlist' button for the retired sets new?

FFS this dam thing crashed my laptop first time on.

Next I discover I cannot see all the themes then the sets blow up when you hover over them.

This is horrible and that's before I consider the fact that its a new thing and a change must be the EU's fault or Brexit to blame.

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

Don´t like it :( Too laggy and I can´t see all items on one page like before (handy for seeing what goes out of stock).

Plus they seem to have designed it to be smartphone friendly - ie. normal size computer screen unfriendly. I wish companies would set up phone and PC separate sites....

The new site looks horrible, why the hell does every website's redesign need to be optimized for mobile devices nowadays? I mean what percentage of users is buying via mobile device vs. PC / laptop. Is there any info on that?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Can some one please explain why there is a need it option on the retired product if someone actually needs a product they can buy it from me for an lucrative price.

They will link that button to their banned users list shortly in the next update with a message "contact any of these folks".

• Like 3

The new site looks horrible, why the hell does every website's redesign need to be optimized for mobile devices nowadays? I mean what percentage of users is buying via mobile device vs. PC / laptop. Is there any info on that?

I'm told eBay claims its between 30-40% of sales.

14 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

This 1000x. I also hate the one page website trend where you have to scroll down - or excuse me, swipe down - to get the entire thing.

15 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm nervous about what will happen when the number of people adding it to their wishlist reaches a certain threshold. What if 10000 people put it on their wishlist? What about 50000?

2dd.jpg

Edited by c_rpg
  • Like 5

If they wanted user data on which set to resurrect they'd focus group it, go to lugs, engage market research.  Not pool data from website wishlists.  How much of their product is sold via the website.  If they resurrect a set like Eiffel Tower, it’ll be because it fits their China expansion strategy

Anyone remember this.  

850458_alt1.jpg

• Like 1

Regards the mobile responsive aspect, I think the percentage is as high as about 75% of users shop online using their smartphone, with approx. 65% of people have smart phones today. Also more then 50% of all website traffic is from mobile devices according to analytics which will continue to increase yearly. Plus, Google recommends all websites should be fully responsive to achieve best optimisation results. I agree sometimes a poorly built responsive website can be even more frustrating to use (even though it is suppose to increase usability) but today if any newly built website isn't mobile responsive it would be massively frowned upon.

7 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Regards the mobile responsive aspect, I think the percentage is as high as about 75% of users shop online using their smartphone, with approx. 65% of people have smart phones today. Also more then 50% of all website traffic is from mobile devices according to analytics which will continue to increase yearly. Plus, Google recommends all websites should be fully responsive to achieve best optimisation results. I agree sometimes a poorly built responsive website can be even more frustrating to use (even though it is suppose to increase usability) but today if any newly built website isn't mobile responsive it would be massively frowned upon.

They should have a landing page where you choose mobile or PC versions. On a PC it´s horrible to navigate these webs that provide less info on screen than a page out of The Hungry Caterpillar.

They should have a landing page where you choose mobile or PC versions. On a PC it´s horrible to navigate these webs that provide less info on screen than a page out of The Hungry Caterpillar.

Haha, my son loves that book!!!! But Unfortunately Google hates that because the website uses duplicate urls to display the same information (a mobile responsive page and a standard html/php page) and therefore the website SEO ranking is penalised. Also, you would have to effectively maintain two separate websites.
  • Like 1