Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

28 minutes ago, Neonkid said:

First timer here and a newbie collector. Im just wondering which stores should I go to on Black Friday. Which stores usually give the best deals

Depends how much you want those $30 Towers of Lego that Walmart has carried the past two years (assuming they carry it again this year....you might be able to snag ONE online though). Other than that, I wouldn't expect much. Check the ads and what is worth it to you.

7 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Depends how much you want those $30 Towers of Lego that Walmart has carried the past two years (assuming they carry it again this year....you might be able to snag ONE online though). Other than that, I wouldn't expect much. Check the ads and what is worth it to you.

Apart from 10703 and 10704 which have not been catalogued at Brickset, I don't see a comparable set currently in LEGO's lineup. 10705 is the closest, but it's 1000 pieces, not 1600/1500 like the last two years. Plus, OP says he is a collector - not sure he wants to go for plain bricks :)

6 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Come on guys black friday only comes once a year, everybody needs to start camping out right now and punch everyone in their way to get that 50" tv that you can get cheaper at other times of the year

k5Ornx.gif

Name one black Friday deal from any country outside USA and Canada that was better than Tesco 3 for 2. Sorry, but the last years have been a complete non event unless you want to corner the market on classic Lego boxes. The best deals for Europeans are in October.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LahH001 said:

As per the normal sales calendar are there any other sales that TRU, Smyths, Tesco likely to have or can my wallet spend some time recovering from October? It's currently on life support!

I'm sure i heard somewhere that Tesco had one more 3-for-2 on toys up its sleeve for 2016. Not sure how reliable that one was.

There's always Jan sales if you make it through the rest of the year :)

Guest TabbyBoy

I remember last year when Currys reduced a 50" LG TV from £2999.99 to £2994.99 and I was so tempted to buy it there and then - NOT! It'll be a damp squib and I'm only looking at Tesco & George.

Anticipated Black Friday deal: 40% off UCS Ties and 3 for 2 Birds. Free Iron Patriot poly with purchase of $25 or more.

I can't believe Birds 21301 is still around. I thought for sure they were long gone. That sucks. At this point, they should just use them as gift with purchase items.

4 hours ago, cory730 said:

10697 is for sale Walmart.com for $54. Just sold my last one for $130 this week. Time to restock and quick flip till price crashes after Black Friday then back up it goes after holidays. Merry Christmas. 

They'll be $30 on Black Friday.  I was gearing up to buy this years new XXL box from Walmart, but there is no new one this year, they are using last years.  Normally that wouldn't bother me, but TRU is selling 2015's XXL Creative box for $60. depending on how long TRU keeps that set around (if it's like the creative suitcase, that means it will be around forever).  Like everything else, I think the XXL glory days are over.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cory730 said:

10697 is for sale Walmart.com for $54. Just sold my last one for $130 this week. Time to restock and quick flip till price crashes after Black Friday then back up it goes after holidays. Merry Christmas. 

yup, did the same.... hopefully no returns come through.... prices already dropping on amazon... gonna have to do my rounds like i did last year for all the $30 deals.

Edited by jerryherb