Seems too good to be true

rpaulson7

Trying to trust my better judgment and not even email this person.  For some reason I sniff scam, like they're going to do something with my email address.  On the other hand, I'd take a good number of those sets for $100. 

http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/tag/5776095290.html

But I don't like how the background in any of the images (from theme to theme) matches each other.  It's like they just downloaded a bunch of pics and posted them. 

Edited by rpaulson7

2 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Yes

Edited my post - funny you and I both went for the boy's legs as the thing that jogged our memory :)

PS: Someone's got their priorities right - 2 Ferris Wheels for display, but they cannot afford a bigger house so their bed is right in their kitchen.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

Edited my post - funny you and I both went for the boy's legs as the thing that jogged our memory

PS: Someone's got their priorities right - 2 Ferris Wheels for display, but they cannot afford a bigger house so their bed is right in their kitchen.

I have all of the pics from last time. He's using a lot of different pics though but same thing $100. Sure.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've went to see a similar listing in the UK last year on Gumtree when I then noticed that the items were obviously stolen (some boxes still had security straps!). I made my excuses to leave and then tipped off the police when I got home. It was funny getting all the threatening emails on my disposable email account, which I also forwarded to the police and copied him in! Genuine bargains can often be had on Gumtree but, be careful. I will not touch stolen property with a barge-pole no matter how cheap it is. Only the lowest of the low will knowingly buy stolen property.

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've went to see a similar listing in the UK last year on Gumtree when I then noticed that the items were obviously stolen (some boxes still had security straps!). I made my excuses to leave and then tipped off the police when I got home. It was funny getting all the threatening emails on my disposable email account, which I also forwarded to the police and copied him in! Genuine bargains can often be had on Gumtree but, be careful. I will not touch stolen property with a barge-pole no matter how cheap it is. Only the lowest of the low will knowingly buy stolen property.

You did the right thing. This scam above is different though - all those pictures are just cobbled together from other listings - the seller has none of these items in hand. The only thing stolen is the pictures :). They are after personal information most likely, or will try to pull a "we just moved but we can ship it to you if you pay now" kind of trick.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

You did the right thing. This scam above is different though - all those pictures are just cobbled together from other listings - the seller has none of these items in hand. The only thing stolen is the pictures :). They are after personal information most likely, or will try to pull a "we just moved but we can ship it to you if you pay now" kind of trick.

Pretty common practice.  I've seen most of those pictures before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

To be fair, I've also bought lots of items from WH Smith and they always have the "Security Protected" sticker and security white tab on them.

Way off topic, but did anyone in UK ever see the story about a man who stole a canoe from a store lol

The person just casually walked into the store, picked up the canoe then walked out. Nobody in the store stopped them as the idea just seemed absolutely ridiculous.