TRU Bricktober 2016 Products, Events, and Gift With Purchase Items

Alpinemaps

2 hours ago, micbelt said:

So, if you spend $75 you will get the bricktober minifig set and the polybag free?

Correct.

In fact I did just this last Friday morning.  I bought the U-Wing and received the Bricktober Series 1 minifigs and the First Order Star Destroyer polybag.

Edited by Codes

So what is the forecast for these 4-figure promos?  Selling at $20 - $25 on eBay now... is that the max?  Seems like a pretty good price for four minifigs to me.  Maybe the Warriors will be a bit more? I only have 1 of the first set.  Thinking about taking my $20 and running.  I mean, they'll probably be available in store soon for $19.99... won't they?

So what is the forecast for these 4-figure promos?  Selling at $20 - $25 on eBay now... is that the max?  Seems like a pretty good price for four minifigs to me.  Maybe the Warriors will be a bit more? I only have 1 of the first set.  Thinking about taking my $20 and running.  I mean, they'll probably be available in store soon for $19.99... won't they?

That's about the max. Take the money and run.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

I would expect them to hit the shelves at $19.99 in some stores the next week, other probably not until the whole promo is up.  if they hit the shelves, some will probably get them at decent discounts when stacking promos, coupons, gc and truth. undercutting is likely to push them down under $20 for a while.  so either sell now or its a long hold.  though if its like other bricktobers we are likely to see them lining shelves for a year or more.

Edited by jay4e

55 minutes ago, jay4e said:

though if its like other bricktobers we are likely to see them lining shelves for a year or more.

And be available for $9.99 in about 9 months from now. Made the rookie mistake (just coming out of my dark ages and really digging those minibuilds) to buy all 8 2014+2015 bricktobers for RRP .... luckily to display and build, not to resell, but still, I like my sets to gain in value, even the built ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jay4e said:

I would expect them to hit the shelves at $19.99 in some stores the next week, other probably not until the whole promo is up.  if they hit the shelves, some will probably get them at decent discounts when stacking promos, coupons, gc and truth. undercutting is likely to push them down under $20 for a while.  so either sell now or its a long hold.  though if its like other bricktobers we are likely to see them lining shelves for a year or more.

RRP is indeed $19.99, but I'll disagree about lining the shelves.  They are a little pricey, but minifigure packs will appeal to kids in a way that minibuilds do not.  Parents who shop at TRU will gladly pay $20 to get their kids some minifigures.  While this might not help them sell for much above RRP on ebay/Amazon (it is $5/minifig), I doubt they will last long on the shelves like the minibuilds.  Especially with Christmas coming up...

All three local TRU locations near me ran out of the musicians by Wednesday. Yesterday they said "sorry we ran out of musicians,but our manager said bring your $50 receipt back and we will give you next weeks promo. I would come in on Sunday though."  YMMV of course.

1 hour ago, Martae54 said:

All three local TRU locations near me ran out of the musicians by Wednesday. Yesterday they said "sorry we ran out of musicians,but our manager said bring your $50 receipt back and we will give you next weeks promo. I would come in on Sunday though."  YMMV of course.

Thats the problem with TRU promos, they tend to run out (or have none at all) at many stores.  Then a few weeks (or months) later they show up overflowing the shelves.  There are few cases where these promos actual end up being scarce...

2 hours ago, Martae54 said:

That seems like a stupid policy.  So you could potentially sell out of all of Week 2 before it begins and get stuck in the same predicament for the rest of the month?  How about just telling the person to come back Sunday and buy some stuff.

On 10/7/2016 at 9:53 AM, Martae54 said:

My closest store was out by Thursday, and would not allow a sub for week 2- so I left empty handed. Does anyone know approximately how many of these they get per store?

I never see anyone buying $50 worth of Lego at this store.... suspect they gave them away with non Lego purchases, took them, or put them out to be sold. I have purchased the free poly-bag sets a few weeks before the promo, then when the promo comes out they say they "ran out" and that it's first come first served. If they are not going to do the promos that's fine, but don't advertise it all over the store and lie to customers- when its really the employees failing to follow corp policy.