Sears Canada Sucks

Stragus

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

I guess shipping methods depend on the staff member chosen to do the shipping for that day. I ordered a few 24 Hours cars last year and both arrived minty and well packed. Luck of the draw I suppose. 

Glad to hear there is at least a chance of them arriving in good shape. My experience would've said there was 0% chance...

I tried again later and placed an order for 3 x-wings successfully - including the $50 off code. I got an order number, but no confirmation email yet. My son is 8, so if this actually goes through, he may get the one with the worst condition box for Christmas this year. :-)

5 hours ago, Stragus said:

Sears has arrived!

All sets were wrapped into some kind of thick plastic bag, so the UPS labels weren't placed directly on the set, and all the content would stay within even when the boxes are totally crushed.

Well,I hope everybody is as "lucky"! :D

Did you get a message saying that your order was shipped? All my orders just say processing. 

17 minutes ago, Vodium said:

Did you get a message saying that your order was shipped? All my orders just say processing. 

No message, they just arrived.

I have received all my orders, but the online order status still says "Order In Progress". Go Sears! :P

On ‎2016‎/‎10‎/‎04 at 10:40 PM, Shneebs said:

I tried again later and placed an order for 3 x-wings successfully - including the $50 off code. I got an order number, but no confirmation email yet. My son is 8, so if this actually goes through, he may get the one with the worst condition box for Christmas this year. :-)

I picked up my 3 x-wings yesterday from Sears - Less than $220 (Cdn) all in for 3 - awesome deal. I picked up at my nearest depot - one box has a bit of a crease in the middle - will likely use that one for my son for Christmas. The other two are nearly mint. All have the sears shipping sticker stuck to the outside of each box, but as someone mentioned, they should come off fairly easily (haven't tried yet). Thanks OP for posting. :-)

I finally opened my bags. Xwings are totally smooshed and seals are popped. the other sets has the sticker slapped onto the box. I was thinking of returning them but didn't realize you can't do it in store and have to fill out a form and mail it back. But they might not necessarily refund your shipping costs and it will be a pretty hefty fee to ship across Canada with 4 sets.

Had mixed results. My brick boxes from the first order came in two very large (but appropriate sized I guess) shipping boxes. Sets came out looking crisp. Lakeside Lodges arrived yesterday in a shurtuff bag. All 4 sets had shipping labels slapped on the front, and all 4 have varying levels of squishing. No popped seals like potato, but certainly nothing remotely close to mint or even "shelf wear" boxes. The discount was too good to pass them up though, I think. Win some lose some. Aw well. 

43 minutes ago, seapotato said:

I finally opened my bags. Xwings are totally smooshed and seals are popped. emoji47.png the other sets has the sticker slapped onto the box. I was thinking of returning them but didn't realize you can't do it in store and have to fill out a form and mail it back. But they might not necessarily refund your shipping costs and it will be a pretty hefty fee to ship across Canada with 4 sets.

Sell them sealed bags and instructions, no box. Makes shipping easier as well. Great for a buyer who wants to build.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My order got lost by them for a while. Apparently they tried to deliver in person and never sent a pick-up notice so it was returned to the warehouse. Then one of their desk jockeys called me last week and said they would retry and I would get an email when it was ready for pick-up at a local processing centre. Then I opened the door this morning and there was a Sears box on my step. Haven't opened it yet but just the fact that there was a box and not a pile of lego was reassuring.

8 hours ago, tacsniper said:

where are you guys seeing Lego? I tried searching Lego and even clicking the links and go through filter and only 3 items under Lego.

Well, when I search Lego, I get 61 items. Their website doesn't play nice with my iPad though... almost locks things up every time I open the page...

http://www.sears.ca/catalog/lego/100003664