Sears Canada Sucks

Stragus

Non Lego related but if anyone is interested sears.ca has the MEGA BLOKS USS Enterprise on sale for 224.99 (25% off) and when combined with GIFT50 which gives you another $50 off for spending $200 it takes the total price before tax to $175 which  is 42% off.  

I'm on the fense on this one as I think it will go over 50% off easily at end of life like the COD hovercraft did last year.  But I also a perfect spot in my office for one of these bad boys! 

LLAP!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kd123 said:

Non Lego related but if anyone is interested sears.ca has the MEGA BLOKS USS Enterprise on sale for 224.99 (25% off) and when combined with GIFT50 which gives you another $50 off for spending $200 it takes the total price before tax to $175 which  is 42% off.  

I'm on the fense on this one as I think it will go over 50% off easily at end of life like the COD hovercraft did last year.  But I also a perfect spot in my office for one of these bad boys! 

LLAP!

I'm definitely in for these. My best profit ratios are on discounted Megablocks Halo sets, and this is a winner for sure. Classic hedge strategy to me - get one for personal use and one for resale now in case they go extinct, and buy more later if they go on further discount. In for 2.

Interestingly, when you click on lego under toys on their website, you get a limited selection of lego, but if you click on building toys, you get much more lego options as well as the megablocks and other stuff.

Probably belongs in complaint thread but the sooner Sears is gone, the happier I will be.  There website seems to be always broken.

Sears Logo

We'll be back.
To enhance your online shopping experience
we are making updates to sears.ca and will be back soon.

Copyright © 2015, Sears Canada Inc. All rights reserved

Nous serons bientôt de retour.
Pour améliorer votre expérience de magasinage en ligne
nous faisons des mises à jour et nous serons bientôt de retour.

Copyright © 2015, Sears Canada Inc. Tous droits réservés

7 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Unless there is some kind of miracle, Sears is done.  It is only a matter of when.

No doubt. Which is not a good sign for buying cheap. Ever since Target went, big sales at Wal-mart and TRU seem to have become scarce without the competition of occasional 50% off sales. If another major retailer goes I don't see how that improves things.

31 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Unless there is some kind of miracle, Sears is done.  It is only a matter of when.

I WALKED into a Sears yesterday because there was a big clothes sale and all I wanted were new socks for work.

Socks!

.... but I couldn't find what I wanted.

Because it was a weekday, the store was pretty quiet and empty and somewhat depressing. I took a minute or 2 to really view my surroundings to notice the decore is still stuck in the 80s. Major dept store chains are a thing of the past and are just dying a slow, agonizing death.

FYI, no toy section to speak of.

8 hours ago, lego rules said:

Anyone have any experience with Mega Bloks in the last year?  I bought a Porsche many years ago which was missing a bunch of pieces which kinda ruined the experience.

I would hate to be missing pieces with a large set like the Enterprise.

I bought the complete Kubros series 1 (on rollback atm btw) and recently finished building the HE-MAN which was nice and 100% complete.  

I'm going to hold off on the enterprise for now.  

IMG_8922.JPG

21 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

I've sold a number of large Halo mega blocks that were bought 2 years ago with no complaints. I've also opened a whole bunch for myself without issue.

I did a little more research and looked at reviews in particular Jang's review and he showed some of the problems with the set and an entire bag of pieces missing.

I think it would be a very nice display piece but I don't want to waste my time inventorying everything before starting to make sure all the parts are present.

19 hours ago, lego rules said:

Does anyone pay attention to Mega Bloks for sales?  Quick look on RFD and there was a 50% off sale.

I am on the fence for the this which comes just shy of $200 including tax, but I don't know if it will be cheaper or not.

I've seen in other posts that the Yanks are excited to get these for $150 US, which is a comparable price. I'd be surprised if you can get these cheaper outside of a black Friday or Boxing Day sale. 

18 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I've seen in other posts that the Yanks are excited to get these for $150 US, which is a comparable price. I'd be surprised if you can get these cheaper outside of a black Friday or Boxing Day sale. 

Ok thanks.  If I buy one it will be for personal build.  It has been removed from the new sears site for now anyways, so I will have to wait until next time.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sears.ca/en/building-toys/u.s.s.-enterprise-ncc-1701-collector-construction-set-14410941_I.html#q=MEGA%2Bbloke&lang=default&start=1

MB USS enterprise is back, and now $199 at sears.ca but when you spend $200 you can get $50 back by using code CLICK50 which takes this bad boy down to $150.

Edit: my bad it's actually $194.99. :) But your still going to need to find something for the balance to qualify for the $50 off so still $150.

Edited by kd123

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

That's what I like to hear as I stare at my 2 in a box that cost me $200 CDN.

$200CAD each is money in the bag.

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

Don't always believe everything you read on the internet 1f609.png

That's why you do the following:

ebay.com > advanced search > punch in that USS enterprise in search field > sold listings

Bingo!

• Like 1