Fake, Counterfeit, Knockoff, Illegal, Garbage, Crap Set & Minifigure Thread: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

On 4/19/2024 at 10:28 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

LOL Jang lost his loyalty to LEGO when LEGO removed his reviews of sets that were released early in EU (but not yet in US).  This was what, 5 years ago ?

I know Jang has reviewed quite a few other brands, lots of Mega Halo stuff.  I do appreciate him calling Lego out this whole time given their asking prices.  I doubt these sets will convince Lego to print more of their elements, but we can hope.

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I did get another Pantasy set the Wood Cabin for $55 but it will have to wait as it is back to Lego and the $300 Batman wall art set. You don’t get the Lego purist joy from the build or adding it to your collection with Pantasy and I don’t feel Pantasy is as big of a threat to resellers as all of the Flego sets out there with their excessive clutch power and foggy translucent pieces.

From what you're saying, it sounds like if they have a set that fills a void, it is a viable alternative to Lego, but Lego would still be preferred if cost wasn't a factor.  I wonder if that Lego joy will ever fade for some of us, or if younger people will even develop it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

From what you're saying, it sounds like if they have a set that fills a void, it is a viable alternative to Lego, but Lego would still be preferred if cost wasn't a factor.

Exactly, if they did some Baseball stadiums or something else that Lego doesn't do like the amazing Cathedral from BL Designer program I would not hesitate to order from them again. 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2024 at 9:11 AM, Pseudoty said:

With all of the Lego sets out there to get and build who is this set for? Perhaps someone looking to add more modulars to their collection or someone trying to save money as it is only $80 shipped from the USA in a nice box with good instructions

Thanks for pointing me to this subforum.  I built the Bakery about 3 weeks ago and find that, not only did we have the same experience building but also emotionally.  I started building this with an "ashamed, but LEGO doesn't offer this set and I want it" and finished with a "wow, that was a fun and quality build."  I think that, if Pantasy continues on its course that LEGO should be very afraid.  Sure, they make different sets but the bang-for-buck is so lopsided right now that it doesn't make sense to NOT pay attention to Pantasy.  

I've been begging LEGO for years to make a large Sacre Coeur set.  If Pantasy beats them to it, I'm all in!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raindog said:

Thanks for pointing me to this subforum.  I built the Bakery about 3 weeks ago and find that, not only did we have the same experience building but also emotionally.  I started building this with an "ashamed, but LEGO doesn't offer this set and I want it" and finished with a "wow, that was a fun and quality build."  I think that, if Pantasy continues on its course that LEGO should be very afraid.  Sure, they make different sets but the bang-for-buck is so lopsided right now that it doesn't make sense to NOT pay attention to Pantasy.  

I've been begging LEGO for years to make a large Sacre Coeur set.  If Pantasy beats them to it, I'm all in!

How did you first find out about the Bakery just find it interesting that I never heard of it but now it seems to be everywhere. I remember when I first built the Cafe Corner circa 2014 I was not back into Lego when it was released and remember posting here about how I felt while building that set. Lego definitely pulls at that innate hunter gatherer thing in us and I don’t get that from Pantasy. 

Not sure if you remember the one staircase build or the toilet build in the bakery but both were totally new building techniques equal too if not better than Lego. I bet if you took a group of AFOLS and gave them this set to build for review as if it was the next modular that it would get overwhelming great reviews if people thought it was Lego, but because it is not Lego many won’t admit it to themselves for various reasons.  

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

How did you first find out about the Bakery

Youtube.  I probably speed more time on it than a normal person.  I don't recall the channel but it wasn't M&R.  At 63 years, my insomnia has really gotten out of hand and I usually line up about 2-3 hours worth of YT to watch.  Right after Highlander on HandI.  The thing is, at that time, I was such a LEGO snob that, if LEGO had it at 3x price, I would have purchased the LEGO.  Still, there is one thing that I won't support.  If Pantasy would copy someone else's IP then I wouldn't support that at all.

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Not sure if you remember the one staircase build or the toilet build in the bakery but both were totally new building techniques equal too if not better than Lego

Both are better than LEGO IMHO but I still don't understand the clear glass bathroom door.  I could have easily replaced it but I care more about the exterior than the interior.  But I loved Pantasy's attention to detail, like the tilting menu boards, drainpipe, pigeon coop, etc.

Edited by raindog
  • Like 1