Why not make minifigure superhero series.

Goblin scribe

They would most likely make more money if they only made Super Hero sets and you had to buy those to get the figures. Then again, if they put exclusive characters in the packs and made them rare, they could sale out packs easily and make you pay even more for a complete set. But this defeats the purpose of the packs which is to make the superhero figures more accessible.

There may be licensing issues with releasing just the minifigures ala Star Wars.

Yes I agree with you Huskers, Marvel is Licensed with Minimates and they may have a clause about minifigure only sets being exclusive to Minimates.

Not to mention they would compete against other brands.

I have zero interest in Comic Books so I do not know which Licenses Lego has obtained outside of DC.

Yes I agree with you Huskers, Marvel is Licensed with Minimates and they may have a clause about minifigure only sets being exclusive to Minimates.

Not to mention they would compete against other brands.

I have zero interest in Comic Books so I do not know which Licenses Lego has obtained outside of DC.

I hate Minimates!!!!!!!!!!! Just had to get that off my chest, and Marvel has agreements with Mega Blocks, Lego, and sadly Minimates. I have to agree that in order for something like this to happen Lego would have to come to agreements with those two wretched companies.... and that means some serious briefcases full of money and a whole lotta paperwork.

I have to agree that in order for something like this to happen Lego would have to come to agreements with those two wretched companies.... and that means some serious briefcases full of money and a whole lotta paperwork.

Without the Marvel license, Minimates would be out of business as it seems that the Marvel Minimates seems to be their bread and butter of that company. Ghostbusters, BTTF, and Universal Monsters are all done, and the last BTTF set didn't do well, and the Universal Monsters line did not perform to the point for future releases.