"Brickpicker Promotions" Feature

I just activated a new feature that we are calling "Brickpicker Promotions" for the forum that will allow members to post Want Ads, Trades and External Sales.  It is Free!!  When you post an ad, a thread will be created in the current (renamed) Trade forum. Images and descriptions are required for all posts and posts will need to be approved.  You can advertise items that you are looking to buy, items you are looking to trade or even items you are trying to sell from external sites like eBay and Amazon.  Hopefully you are posting because its a good deal or have a special you would like to offer Brickpicker members.  It is a very simple system but can be effective if used properly.   The next update will include a feedback system.  I will create a separate thread for feedback that I can give the developer.  Feel free to give it a whirl it is there for you to use.  I have added a new forum menu item labeled "Promotions" to take you to the area.

http://community.brickpicker.com/classifieds/

2016-10-19_16-56-56.png

I will eventually remove the current/old posts that are in that forum.  If there is anything of value in there, please repost in the new feature.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Are we allowed to advertise a Craigslist listing we have running?  I don't run them all the time, but when I do, they have dozens of sets, new and used.  I didn't see a CL area so I wanted to ask first before posting.  Thanks.

Sure, you can post links to it.

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Is there any way the notifications of these listings can be modified so that they only appear once in the "View New Content" feed? Currently they come by twice, and I need to visit them both to mark them read.

I shut off the forum notifications, so only 1 should show moving forward

21 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Is there an option anywhere to turn off seeing promotions completely in "View New Content" feed?

I'd rather have the option of manually clicking on the Promotions tab if I want to see them.

Thanks.

I would like a more generic feature where you can exclude any topic from the View New Content feed. I have a few that I don't care much about but have to visit just to get them marked as read.

• 4 weeks later...

@Jeff Mack Is there any way to include adverts in "all activity"?  I was tinkering with the activity streams, and I can set up a custom activity stream for adverts, but I still have to click on it (separately from all activity) to see it.  I realize some people don't want to see these, but I'd like to see them under "view new content" along with all other new posts.

@DadsAFOL The adverts should automatically show up in the feed when there are new ones.  Like you said you can set one up that will show just the adverts

http://community.brickpicker.com/discover/67/

But it is set to show them and it shows them quite prominently since it include the photo of the item.  I know we don't get much in there yet.  A big release is coming soon that will include a lot of extra features including my requested one for feedback.

@Jeff Mack Is there any way to include adverts in "all activity"?  I was tinkering with the activity streams, and I can set up a custom activity stream for adverts, but I still have to click on it (separately from all activity) to see it.  I realize some people don't want to see these, but I'd like to see them under "view new content" along with all other new posts.

@DadsAFOL We still have adverts set for mod approval. I noticed it hadn't been approved late last night and approved it, probably around the same time you posted this. It might be related.

Ah, I figured out the issue.  Once approved, the advert drops into the activity timeline based on when it was submitted, not when it was approved.  Since i'm a daily reader, I wasn't scrolling far enough back to see it.  So anyone using the "view new content" http://community.brickpicker.com/discover/unread/ might miss adverts.

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 8.35.55 AM.png

Edited by DadsAFOL