Nexo Knights 2017

Darth_Raichu

So my local Target is going out of business.  I've been haunting the aisles waiting for their legos to be put on clearance.  The ONLY sets that they have discounted are the Nexo Knights 70312, 70313, 70324 (I bought every single item since they were on 50% off).  All of their others are at regular price.  Granted it is early days in their clearance sale, but I found it interesting that none of their other sets are being discounted.  Do you think it is because the Nexo line isn't selling as well as Lego would like and if that is the case do you think they will retire the sets sooner than normal?

I should mention that before the clearance sale started I saw an employee in the aisles resetting the merchandise who appeared to work for Lego since they were wearing a Lego employee polo.  I've never seen a Target employee working that aisle and I am there more often than any sane person should be.

Edited by RoswellGinny

So my local Target is going out of business.  I've been haunting the aisles waiting for their legos to be put on clearance.  The ONLY sets that they have discounted are the Nexo Knights 70312, 70313, 70324 (I bought every single item since they were on 50% off).  All of their others are at regular price.  Granted it is early days in their clearance sale, but I found it interesting that none of their other sets are being discounted.  Do you think it is because the Nexo line isn't selling as well as Lego would like and if that is the case do you think they will retire the sets sooner than normal?
I should mention that before the clearance sale started I saw an employee in the aisles resetting the merchandise who appeared to work for Lego since they were wearing a Lego employee polo.  I've never seen a Target employee working that aisle and I am there more often than any sane person should be.

All those sets are 50% off in other Targets too (not all, but some) even though those are not going out of business. So I would say there is no special clearance on LEGO in your Target yet ....

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Wow, 2017 summer fort has a 140 euro RRP in Holland. I guess that means 125 or so elsewhere but it will be a new flagship.

Yeah, you are going to get your proper castle and then once built you will have to get all of the Season 1 and 2 sets. Long live NEXO!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ayleux said:

I knew it wouldn't have a long run but I didn't think it was doing so bad that they would cancel an upcoming release. Oh well.

Especially when you devote so much of the Feb international toy fair stand to it. I say the summer sets come out but that they will be short runs like Bionicle 2H and the theme ends in early or mid 2018.

Edited by Val-E

• 2 months later...