21034 - London

Sfcommando14

I hope this is one of the "special surprises" they will have at the opening of the new London store tomorrow.

Anyone else going to be there?

It's a so called timed exclusive. Expect this to be available officially only in the London store until it's available to masses in 2017. Opportunity for quick flip opportunity since there will be people who must have it at all costs. That is assuming TRU don't put them on the shop floor ahead of official release date like they normally do!

2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I really think these skyline sets are awful, too small to show any detail and aren't worthy of being under the Architecture theme. 

Look at them as souvenir sets. People who visit cities as a tourist like to buy a souvenir from that city. A mug with print, a thimble with print. a T-shirt with print, a small figurine of a famous sight... 

Personally I think Venetian souvenir shops would be NUTS not to stock up on the Venice cityscape set. They will sell for great profit to tourists in Venice after the set gets retired! Same can be said about the Berlin and the New York cityscape sets. 

This London cityscape is another excellent souvenir set many that tourists will love to display in their houses after they come home again.

Edited by Haay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Look at them as souvenir sets. People who visit cities as a tourist like to buy a souvenir from that city. A mug with print, a thimble with print. a T-shirt with print, a small figurine of a famous sight... 

Personally I think Venetian souvenir shops would be NUTS not to stock up on the Venice cityscape set. They will sell for great profit to tourists in Venice after the set gets retired! Same can be said about the Berlin and the New York cityscape sets. 

This London cityscape is another excellent souvenir set many that tourists will love to display in their houses after they come home again.

Last thing I heared was that the people of Venice were tired of all the tourists.

Nobody makes a killing selling souvenirs... and many of those shops don't deal with legit companies to stock their shelves.

They won't be carrying expensive LEGO sets.

4 hours ago, Haay said:

I've built the Venetian set.  The scale is just too small to pick any details out. The rialto bridge and bridge of sighs are pathetically bad.

55 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Up on Ebay UK at moment fresh from Leicester Square opening priced at £100.

In the London store it costs 45 GBP while the German price is supposed to be 40 Euros. For the piece count 40 Euros seems to be in line with the previous 3 sets of the theme. How come it is 45 GBP in the London store? Seems a little bit overpriced.

Edited by Frank Brickowski