Architecture 2017

Val-E

1 minute ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

On the upside a genuine architects building might ignite some fresh interest in the series for architects who haven't noticed the series in the past. I can see this one being bought a lot for a present. 

Oh it's been noticed, noticed by resellers. Architecture is a new victim of hording and Lego remakes. Time to find another theme. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

On the upside a genuine architects building might ignite some fresh interest in the series for architects who haven't noticed the series in the past. I can see this one being bought a lot for a present. 

Wouldn't any other classic structure that hasn't been done before accomplish this same goal?

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

If anyone knows someone who has a large inventory of the 21004's - you might want to give them a call.

If they have then no sympathy as they have had several years to sell them plus 4 months notice since 1st leak to do something about it and another 4 tilll the new one is out.

Edited by Val-E

I have no problem with improving a set.  I think these two remakes are improvements over the previous models and I enjoy both versions of each set.  I definitely enjoy the big and small combo, like Big Ben and SOH.  I also enjoy the Skylines sets.  They are some of my favorites of the theme.  I just wish LEGO would design sets based on new landscapes and buildings.  There are hundreds of possible sets that could be created for the theme.

41 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I have no problem with improving a set.  I think these two remakes are improvements over the previous models and I enjoy both versions of each set.  I definitely enjoy the big and small combo, like Big Ben and SOH.  I also enjoy the Skylines sets.  They are some of my favorites of the theme.  I just wish LEGO would design sets based on new landscapes and buildings.  There are hundreds of possible sets that could be created for the theme.

Agreed.  Many more ideas out there like The Roman Colosseum, Versailles,  Fenway Park, Egyptian Pyramids, and Vatican / St. Peter's Basilica to name a few

• Like 1

straight comparison between UK prices for newly released sets and prices at Polish LEGO Shop at Home
newly released sets costs about 20% more in UK than in Poland and we are talking about prices without any deductions, straight from LEGO Shop at Home.
for example:
London Skyline 45GBP
London Skyline in Poland 179PLN which is an equivalent of 35GBP.

same with Chicago and Sydney.

21 minutes ago, Shewie said:

straight comparison between UK prices for newly released sets and prices at Polish LEGO Shop at Home
newly released sets costs about 20% more in UK than in Poland and we are talking about prices without any deductions, straight from LEGO Shop at Home.
for example:
London Skyline 45GBP
London Skyline in Poland 179PLN which is an equivalent of 35GBP.

same with Chicago and Sydney.

and yet, I left Poland 19 years ago...

plus they have inflated the price of the 21030 by 5GBP, was for pricey 79.99 now is for ridicilous 85GBP.

So TLG actually did it, they inflated the price for most of the sets because of "Brexit" and plumbing Pound Sterling.

2017 welcomed UK citizens with inflated numbers as far as I see.
https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/United-States-Capitol-Building-21030

19 minutes ago, Shewie said:

plus they have inflated the price of the 21030 by 5GBP, was for pricey 79.99 now is for ridicilous 85GBP.

So TLG actually did it, they inflated the price for most of the sets because of "Brexit" and plumbing Pound Sterling.

Larger sets like S1 and Arcos are up by 10 quid too. 

1 hour ago, CrabslayerT said:

Larger sets like S1 and Arcos are up by 10 quid too. 

entire LEGO Shop at Home offer I mean about 90% are up about 5 to 10%
this is ridiculous, they have no idea how much of the business they will loose by that move, lego now is pricey but it's getting more riddicilous with every new release, caterham - twice overpriced, this new ideas adventures turd as well... endless conversation.

Edited by Shewie

9 hours ago, Shewie said:

entire LEGO Shop at Home offer I mean about 90% are up about 5 to 10%
this is ridiculous, they have no idea how much of the business they will loose by that move, lego now is pricey but it's getting more riddicilous with every new release, caterham - twice overpriced, this new ideas adventures turd as well... endless conversation.

I agree with you about the pricing, it's getting out of hand. Even the minifigs are up by 50p each, or a Euro in Ireland. I'll be waiting for other retailers to put the sets I want on sale, as for Lego, it'll take a great promo for me to purchase directly. 

The Caterham for me is an excellent build. It looks great alongside the t1, mini etc. I don't agree that it's a turd, just a bit overpriced

48 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

The Caterham for me is an excellent build. It looks great alongside the t1, mini etc. I don't agree that it's a turd, just a bit overpriced

I didn't say it's a turd but just overpriced. with  term "turd" I was referring to 21308.

On 04/01/2017 at 2:51 AM, Lordoflego said:

Lol...Great Wall of China....

What about the yuuge wall of Trump.

11 hours ago, Shewie said:

I am shocked at that as I picked on up in the second week of release for £60 so it cannot be a brilliant seller despite being quite good.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

So it seems like LEGO's RRP will soon be matching those of Hamleys, Harrods & WH Smith? I can see these prices rises hitting them hard. This is simply GREED and not the fault of Brexit as NOTHING has happened yet!

However, higher RRP should mean higher resale prices for what we currently hold... hopefully!