One theme to rule them all.

I am a huge LOTR fan, that theme is a large part of what has got me back into the Lego game, I always loved star wars too, just never bought them because I was always so overwhelmed at the amount of sets they made every year. The LOTR minifigs are great, I know there are some excellent ones for Star Wars as well. Personally, I am a bit disappointed with the LOTR and Hobbit sets as a whole, they could be so much more than they are right now, it is very hard to make playsets that are all scenery as opposed to Star Wars which is pretty much all vehicles. You can get a lot more playability for a set number of pieces with vehicles as opposed to landscapes. This tends to make LOTR sets expensive and underwhelming, which is what they are. I am still getting all of them and I enjoy them, but it will take some time for theme to take off. IMO lego needs to get a feel for what sells in the LOTR genre by looking at what sort of things sold in the past with other themes, there are boundless opportunities they haven't explored. The new pirate ship is one that I was hoping to see last year but never came out, there also needs to be LOADS of battle packs, Star Wars Lego got this and they are really hot items, LOTR needs tons of battle packs too, the Uruk Hai one they have right now is just too expensive. They need to release some UCS sets for the LOTR genre, like Orthanc, Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Minas Morgul, Barad-dur, Dale, ect. Above all, there needs to be an awesome Witchking flying on a special new massive Nasgul, nothing else will suffice.

Even though I like star wars and some other themes I think lotr dominates when it comes to mini figs and huge sets such as helms deep and goblin king battle . So just wanna know what everyone else thinks.

If only Randal Graves was a member here! - Clerks II reference

• 1 month later...