Returning Unopened Lego Sets

cubfan78

Question

I have 5 or 6 SW FA and RO sets that are unopened that I want to return. I bought a few from Amazon, 1 from Barnes and Noble, and 1 from somewhere else I can't remember. I know that I can't return them to Amazon anymore but I thought about trying to return them to Target and just get store credit. Not sure if this acceptable, it almost seems like borderline fraud, something I am against. I am not even sure Target  will take them. Any thoughts or other suggestions? I just don't have room for all these sets and have no interest in the investment side of the house, I am just a builder. 

Thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, cubfan78 said:

I have 5 or 6 SW FA and RO sets that are unopened that I want to return. I bought a few from Amazon, 1 from Barnes and Noble, and 1 from somewhere else I can't remember. I know that I can't return them to Amazon anymore but I thought about trying to return them to Target and just get store credit. Not sure if this acceptable, it almost seems like borderline fraud, something I am against. I am not even sure Target  will take them. Any thoughts or other suggestions? I just don't have room for all these sets and have no interest in the investment side of the house, I am just a builder. 

Thank you in advance.

The right thing to do is keep them because you bought them from a different retailer.  You can always work out a trade on here.  Chances are, someone might want to get their hands on a few of these sets and you can pick up some new/different sets without fronting much cash.

• Like 4

Returning them somewhere you didn't buy them from is dishonest, so don't do that. You could try selling them through craigslist or other classified type sites locally for what you paid or a little less, but you are competing with all the sales going on at target/Walmart/tru, etc, so you might have a hard time unless you're offering a pretty good deal. Gift them or donate them to toys for tots