76078 - Hulk vs. Red Hulk

14 posts in this topic

super hero sets have usually being about the minifigs.

Lol they really aren't trying anymore with these superhero sets. But the minifigures are excellent. 

I guess i don't even help with that. The first thing i do is zoom in on the bottom left and examine the mini figs lol. I don't fault Lego though. Think about it when you think Iron Man you don't think of his car, house, etc you think of iron man himself and that can be said for all hero line ups. Star Wars will be about the ships and SH will be about the mini figs. Once in awhile we get a great build on a SH set but it's safe to say it's going to be about the mini figs the majority of the time.
1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

I guess i don't even help with that. The first thing i do is zoom in on the bottom left and examine the mini figs lol. I don't fault Lego though. Think about it when you think Iron Man you don't think of his car, house, etc you think of iron man himself and that can be said for all hero line ups. Star Wars will be about the ships and SH will be about the mini figs. Once in awhile we get a great build on a SH set but it's safe to say it's going to be about the mini figs the majority of the time.

Yeah it's just disappointing since I enjoy Marvel and DC stuff so much. 

That is *not* a $60 set.  I'm sorry, it just isn't.

When I can pick that up for $25, I'm in.  And I love She-Hulk.  But I'm not paying $60 for that set.

3 people like this

41 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

That is *not* a $60 set.  I'm sorry, it just isn't.

When I can pick that up for $25, I'm in.  And I love She-Hulk.  But I'm not paying $60 for that set.

LEGO: But the wheels are $3 each.  Also, the 1x1 circles add up to the total piece counts.  So :P:P:P

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

LEGO: But the wheels are $3 each.  Also, the 1x1 circles add up to the total piece counts.  So :P:P:P

UGH.  So true.

I have no idea where the influence for those vehicles came from but they do look fun like crashing into stuff with. Ha. I agree the price point is dreadful but then again seeing how the Helicarrier Escape was $50 with only one maxifigure of Hulk this is not surprising.

$60! I'm not sure why they are marking these new sets so high. Vacation Getaways was $70 MSRP and can be bought for $40-50. This looks like a $30 set.

$60! I'm not sure why they are marking these new sets so high. Vacation Getaways was $70 MSRP and can be bought for $40-50. This looks like a $30 set.

Probably because people are still buying them. TLG doesn't care if Target and Walmart discount them and make a smaller profit margin... I know TLG's growth is down, but customers and retailers are still buying them.

I saw this on the lego site a few weeks ago had coming soon I'm sure the price was like £39.99 went to show my friend and they had taken all the coming soon sets off the site now it's £50