71017 - Minifigures - The LEGO Batman Movie: Series 1

Alpinemaps

a650ac324f879eedc4b3bb38295a56cf.jpg

Third Target's the charm!

Actually went back to a Target I hit up Wednesday once I saw their stock went up by 120 yesterday.

Funny thing was that this was out on the floor in a big Lego Batman Movie cardboard display with 120 poly bags in total (4 rows of 3 sets of 10).

Spent over an hour smooshing but made no mistakes! Only took an extra bag because I wanted 21 poly bags to go along with a Deadpool Marvel Legends fig to use the target $25 off $100.

It was fairly easy to smoosh. The only thing that threw me off was Mime's Mohawk but since it didn't feel like anything else I was able to deduce what it was by the end.

• Like 5

Lines are so long at the stores, last target I skipped when I saw what was going on in the parking lot. One target I went to yesterday had very long lines to the registers, I looked over at the customer service desk: no lines. I headed there with over 70 batman CMFs....what a mistake....when she saw what I have, she started paging somebody and explained to me that she's checking if there's a limit on those, like 4-5. I explained that the whole set is 20 and I need more because I don't know what's inside....yea yea, but we want to make sure other customers have a chance to buy it....damn...should have just stayed in line like everybody else...next step, they're gonna check how many are in stock, using dcpi, saved I am! Yeah, she said that they have over 400 in stock so I can buy all that are in y cart, little that she knew, the 400 were most likely series 16....at that point though, I had no chance for multiple transactions so I can use $25 off of $100 few times, I mentioned the coupon and she had to say of course that she doesn't think it works on those but she'll check....I knew to keep my mouth shut at least this time and not tell her that it definitely works because I used in several times on this product in last couple days...so far I've seen them at targets in 3 spots: by cashiers, in their original cases, and in cardboard displays hanging on pegs.

Lines are so long at the stores, last target I skipped when I saw what was going on in the parking lot. One target I went to yesterday had very long lines to the registers, I looked over at the customer service desk: no lines. I headed there with over 70 batman CMFs....what a mistake....when she saw what I have, she started paging somebody and explained to me that she's checking if there's a limit on those, like 4-5. I explained that the whole set is 20 and I need more because I don't know what's inside....yea yea, but we want to make sure other customers have a chance to buy it....damn...should have just stayed in line like everybody else...next step, they're gonna check how many are in stock, using dcpi, saved I am! Yeah, she said that they have over 400 in stock so I can buy all that are in y cart, little that she knew, the 400 were most likely series 16....at that point though, I had no chance for multiple transactions so I can use $25 off of $100 few times, I mentioned the coupon and she had to say of course that she doesn't think it works on those but she'll check....I knew to keep my mouth shut at least this time and not tell her that it definitely works because I used in several times on this product in last couple days...so far I've seen them at targets in 3 spots: by cashiers, in their original cases, and in cardboard displays hanging on pegs.

I did self check out like a boss :)
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I did self check out like a boss :)

I have people do my check out like a lord :) 

....paid a price of not getting a full discount ;) 

When I tried self check out once, those things are so light that it kept asking me if I don't want to bag my item every freaken time, plus every 3-4 scans, employee had to come and enter codes because of the weight issue....

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 2

Our pre-order is officially out for the LEGO Batman collectible minifigures series. The exclusive discount to Brick Picker and Brickset members is as follows:

Box: $250
Set: $83

These prices include FREE domestic shipping as always ($25 and $10 respectively for international shipping). Shipping will be late January.

Please PM us with your PayPal email address and quantities desired for an invoice. 

Happy holidays, everyone!

- Jon

• Like 6

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I hear ya, smooshing is a time commitment, unless you have a magic basket.

Yeah, it helps to have one of those cheap microgram scales and a list of the weight of each figure. I use it to sort through the most obvious ones and only smoosh the ones that are similar in weight. Everything up to about 100 micrograms difference can be done with just a scale. Though it's still a lot of (boring) work. Gotta get a full box at a decent discount over RRP to make it worth it.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71017 - Minifigures - The LEGOhttps://community.brickpicker.com/topic/17326-71017-minifigures-the-lego-batman-movie/ Batman Movie
  • Alpinemaps unpinned this topic