71017 - Minifigures - The LEGO Batman Movie: Series 1

Alpinemaps

I still think this movie will be a great success. That being said I am also still of the opinion that these batman minifigures & sets are more mass produced than previous licenced themes. A good pointer for me is the amount of places that are selling sealed minifigure boxes. Even the recent disney minifigures weren't available in the quantities I'm seeing, and I don't live in a busy place like London. Most places only got 1 / 2 boxes if lucky for disney, however for batman most shops have already got a couple boxes out, the minifigs are selling but its just the quantities that scares me. Each argos recieved about 3 boxes, TRU recieved loads, the entertainer is even selling sealed boxes:

http://www.thetoyshop.com/lego-construction/mini-figures/LEGO-Batman-Movie-Minifigures---Box-(60-packs)/p/530338

I really wanted to invest in the minifigure boxes but I'm not too sure now, I'm seeing these everywhere and in quantities like no other minifigure series than before. 

Even the sets are everywhere, however some of the sets (penguin car / joker ballon escape) are very very popular.

When I initially saw the pictures of the batman minifigures and sets I knew they were winners, the only gamble now is how mass produced these are and how long shelf life will be. I most likely will buy, but definitely not now and I have never been in the qf game so will do a raincheck on all batman minifigures/ sets till end of the year when the next wave of retiring soon tags pop up...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jaylay said:

forgive me if I didn't look back in this thread before posting this ... is there a smoosh guide for this series in here?

If nothing else, Alpine made one.

On 12/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Here's my "feel" guide for the Batman set.  It helps to be looking at pictures while you're doing this.  (*sigh*)

# Figure Tells
1 Lobster-Lovin' Batman lobster, plate
2 Glam Metal Batman guitar
3 Fairy Batman tutu, wand, wings
4 Clan of the Cave Batman club
5 Vacation Batman flippers, duck ring
6 Barbara Gordon cuffs, 1x1 plate, 1x1 round plate
7 Commissioner Gordon walkie talkie, 2x2 tile
8 Arkham Asylum Joker cuffs, hair
9 **** Grayson old style gun, 1x1 round brick
10 Pink Power Batgirl scaluped skirt, batarang, hair
11 Red Hood 2 guns, large round headpiece
12 Eraser 2x2 plate, 1x1 round brick, no head
13 Nurse Harley Quinn hair, 2x2 plate
14 Orca left shark head piece
15 Zodiac Master fish, crab
16 Catman claws, belt
17 March Harriet bunny ears, long gun
18 Calculator 1x1 tile, helmet
19 King Tut staff, snake
20 Mime 2 lightning blasts, mohawk

• Like 6

I smooshed a whole case last night, it took some time, and a few beers, but I got it done. I figured 1 set for my kid, 1 set to collect unopened, and one to sell, as a whole or individuals. I am not sure what way to go, but I am in no rush to decide. I do plan on waiting a few weeks to see what happens after the movie release...although I am considering buying a case to stash away for long term but I agree with @Mhd747 in having some fear of the mass production... hmm to roll the dice?......

Steve-Trew-Roll-The-Dice-Peter-Greenwood.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

These are not in short supply.  Not a fan of the 20 figure sets either for resale.  So I still bought 80 cases at a discount cause I'm smart like that

Where did you get ahold of that many cases?

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71017 - Minifigures - The LEGOhttps://community.brickpicker.com/topic/17326-71017-minifigures-the-lego-batman-movie/ Batman Movie
  • Alpinemaps unpinned this topic