75103 - First Order Transporter

gupsterg

Minifigures are decent, but the only unique one is Phasma. The vehicle itself appears for the first moment of TFA... but is not seen after.

My thoughts are that unless this appears in XIII or IX, the demand for this set will be minimal. Once Phasma (confirmed for XIII) is remade in a set in the next year or so, this set will have nothing exclusive about it.

With the quantity I've seen available... you'll need to buy at heavy discounts to turn a decent profit.

If the vehicle is featured heavily in XIII or IX it could be a nice surprise. I have one purchased at 40% RRP, and nothing tells me I should buy anymore.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Minifigures are decent, but the only unique one is Phasma. The vehicle itself appears for the first moment of TFA... but is not seen after.

It's shown in the invasion of Takodana. I feel like it's possible that it will be featured in support shots of Episodes VIII and IX. I am hoping that when it does appear, they make a better FO Transporter that is less like an empty box.

• Like 2

I am hoping that when it does appear, they make a better FO Transporter that is less like an empty box.

I'd be shocked if this vehicle has life EOL. No way. So much I'd eat a shoe shaped steak!

Is this really the first topic for this set? If yes then that tells you some measure of member excitement for the set. Good general parts and decent SE figs. Though there must have been a bunch of comments in a general topic.

If Phasma does feature again this set will be dethroned for its one unique quality.

On the other hand those light bley 5x8 curved slopes make good skate park MOC ramps.
Sorry could help myself.
;-)

2 minutes ago, Cozei said:

I'd be shocked if this vehicle has life EOL. No way. So much I'd eat a shoe shaped steak!

Is this really the first topic for this set? If yes then that tells you some measure of member excitement for the set. Good general parts and decent SE figs. Though there must have been a bunch of comments in a general topic.

If Phasma does feature again this set will be dethroned for its one unique quality.

On the other hand those light bley 5x8 curved slopes make good skate park MOC ramps.
Sorry could help myself.
;-)

I wrote a review in the blog like a year ago. If I remember I didn't think this set had legs, and I speculated that Phasma would be the only part of the set that would garner interest. I also speculated that she'd be remade in Ep IX.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Sorry could help myself.
;-)

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 19.46.46.png

On 29/11/2016 at 6:40 PM, brickvoyeur said:

I have one purchased at 40% RRP, and nothing tells me I should buy anymore.

My purchase was ~60% off RRP, without taking into account a GC I gained for £20 off future purchase of Lego, as I had to buy two set to get the GC promo you could say £10 GC per set.

On 29/11/2016 at 7:39 PM, Cozei said:

Is this really the first topic for this set? If yes then that tells you some measure of member excitement for the set.

Yep it the first discussion thread specific to the set :o. I read thoroakenfelder's blog/review on BP and a review on Brickset for set. BP blog/review to me came across this is not a set to buy, where as the Brickset review was opposite. I based my purchase of 3 sets on what I saw as sold ebay listing prices for this set, seems I should make a fair return.

The FOT is not a super model but not bad IMO, trooper minifigs not exceptional either in my book and only Captain Phasma is some what worthy of mention as a highlight.

On 29/11/2016 at 7:42 PM, thoroakenfelder said:

I also speculated that she'd be remade in Ep IX.

So your view is not a set worth holding on to but sell ASAP whilst return is there?

Edited by gupsterg

59 minutes ago, gupsterg said:

So your view is not a set worth holding on to but sell ASAP whilst return is there?

Phasma's definitely coming back for Episode VIII. Unique villains are at a premium, so she'll be in some set or other soon enough. If Phasma is the prime piece of this set, any future releases of the character will have a negative impact on this one. Wait until the summer leaks to figure out if she'll be in a cheap set or an expensive set. You can also see if this set will be revisited.

• Like 1

The Flametroopers as a pair ($23) sell for more than she does on Amazon ($15).  Only 1x Flame Trooper in the Resistance X-Wing and two in this set.  I'd be more worried about them being in a battle pack than her appearance in something.  I assume she gets her own $60+ ship in the next movie but stays clear of cheaper sets, a la Kylo, Vader, etc.

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 2

The Flametroopers as a pair ($23) sell for more than she does on Amazon ($15).  Only 1x Flame Trooper in the Resistance X-Wing and two in this set.  I'd be more worried about them being in a battle pack than her appearance in something.  I assume she gets her own $60+ ship in the next movie but stays clear of cheaper sets, a la Kylo, Vader, etc.

That was my plan B for this set. Part out. Not something I want to do but if it comes to it. Not in my "office" and can't check while replying but I believe there is what 7 mini figs? I can see the transport itself doing ok in the the future for MOC. (I picture a D day type scene)

This was the first set I bought "getting in the game" lucky for me this was my only newbie mistake
(so far). I bought 5 or so at 64 like 4-5 at 45 and 3 at 21. Not a horrible average but I think the set will do ok. Not expecting much above RRP. Also supply and demand comes into play. I only saw a lot of these at 2 walmarts of the 50 in the area. Less hoarded the better.

• 5 weeks later...
I know most people dislike this set but for some reason I like it. Reminds me of a WW 2 amphibious assault vehicle That was used in D-Day

Yes, i see where your coming from. I've finished building it... It's a very industrial and blocky ship, definitely not sleek! I think the features though are what makes it, I particularly love the hatch which opens when the wheel is turned. I've always loved function in LEGO sets, and this one doesn't disappoint.
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 11:41 PM, lucalego said:

Yes, i see where your coming from. I've finished building it... It's a very industrial and blocky ship, definitely not sleek! I think the features though are what makes it, I particularly love the hatch which opens when the wheel is turned. I've always loved function in LEGO sets, and this one doesn't disappoint.

At under £30 quid i think thats a great buy Forgot all about john Lewis Clearance this year 

• Like 1