10654 - XL Creative Brick Box

40 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Someone just posted pics on Reddit of this. TRU exclusive, 1600 pieces and retails for $59.99.

It's not exactly a secret.

https://www.lego.com/en-sg/products/themes/classic/xl-creative-brick-box-10654

I'd be surprised if it was $59.99 though, that seems low. The current 1000 piece box is $59.99 

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Creative-Building-Basket-10705

I picked up a couple of these right after I had my 10697 limit of 2 enforced on me. TRU prices them at $79.99 (edit: CAD), but had them on markdown to 63.97 or something. 

31 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

What's the difference between this and 10697?

It's a very different selection of bricks, far more basic with larger quantities of your basic 2x2 2x4 etc bricks.

I looked into this myself before buying; look them both up on Bricklink then check Inventory and you get a pretty clear picture of the differences. 

Edited by Zelgazra
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I picked up a couple of these right after I had my 10697 limit of 2 enforced on me. TRU prices them at $79.99 (edit: CAD), but had them on markdown to 63.97 or something. 

It's a very different selection of bricks, far more basic with larger quantities of your basic 2x2 2x4 etc bricks.

I looked into this myself before buying; look them both up on Bricklink then check Inventory and you get a pretty clear picture of the differences. 

Thanks!  If the price remains 59.99 though, I think it would definitely be a viable option to most non AFOLs wanting 1500+ basic bricks, as opposed to a box going for say $99.  Thereby hurting the sales on the 10697 next year IMO.

Edited by LegoBro

Well then, that stinks. 
We all know LEGO prices based on things like minifigs, wheels, overall weight of ABS but so many people don't. They're really digging in here.

So much this. I'm surprised not much of a russling of feathers here especially to those who purchased 10+ of 10697. Everyone asleep on the east coast?
  • Like 1

TRU has often had a similar big-box-of-bricks, with little impact to on the XXL versions.    4630 is the one I remember from a few years back.

I think the fact that 10697 is still available online at Walmart is a bigger back-stop to quick-flipper dreams.  If it stays in-stock for the next two weeks at that price, I think a lot of QFLL will be very disappointed.