New LEGO Architecture model by 'The LEGO Architect' author in November Brick Loot

henrysunset

I am really excited that the Brick Loot team gave me an opportunity to design a model which was included in the November Brick Loot box.  I jumped at the chance to expand on the narrative I started with my book 'The LEGO Architect' by creating a new model that explores a recent trend in Architecture.

JB2A1084-600x300.jpg
LEGO Architecture model in November 2016 Brick Loot subscription.

The model I designed explores contemporary architecture trends, emphasizing projecting volumes, angular shapes, glass, and mixed materials. I call the model “@ Home”, because the front facade has a curving yellow shape that looks like an “@” sign.

Brick_Loot_Contemporary_Detailed_Instruc
Detailed building instructions

(A video of the build steps is available at Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxIuxEig8I&feature=youtu.be )

You will find more information about the model, instructions, videos, and photos of early prototypes that I created along the way at: http://brickarchitect.com/brickloot/

Thanks,
Tom Alphin, Author 'The LEGO Architect'

• Like 6

Coincidentally I just referred a parent to BrickLoot yesterday, they were looking for a monthly build box for their kids. But your model seems to be more adult focused (subject matter wise) - do you have experience with BrickLoot and would you say it is more for AFOLs than for KFOLs? Don't want people to sign up for these thinking their kids will have a blast only to get "professional" builds that leave their kids frustrated due to complexity and lack of interest in the subject matter ....