Reddish brown staff

chinothegeeko

Question

7 answers to this question

According to the corresponding Ebay listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-79005-GANDALF-The-Grey-STAFF-Glamdring-Scabbard-/221229344546), this is a custom made staff, made by Joe's Custom Creations.

This listing is for a brand new May 2013 Release of the New LEGO Lord of the Rings Minifigure:

Gandalf the Grey 

Includes sword Glamdring & Scabbard

Features Specially customized Brown Staff with Chrystal Top!

That's why you cannot find this on BrickLink as it is not an official LEGO piece.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kevink24 said:

Good job Phil...I was going to say that maybe it was a reddish brown spear (part # 90391pb02) that had the spear tip removed and replaced with a jewel...

There is a part of me curious to see if the rubber spear tip could be removed ....but I simply don't have the guts to go through with potentially destroying the whole piece.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kevink24 said:

Good job Phil...I was going to say that maybe it was a reddish brown spear (part # 90391pb02) that had the spear tip removed and replaced with a jewel...

The cylindrical part on the tip of the spear is beveled/sloped in 90391pb02. The one in the original listing is not.

90391pb02.png

LEGO-LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-79005-GANDALF-The-Grey-STAFF-Glamdring-amp-Scabbard

To me it looks like a Bar 6L with Stop Ring that has had the end removed and a hole made to attach the jewel.

Image result for Bar 6L with Stop Ring

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gregpj said:

The cylindrical part on the tip of the spear is beveled/sloped in 90391pb02. The one in the original listing is not.

90391pb02.png

LEGO-LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-79005-GANDALF-The-Grey-STAFF-Glamdring-amp-Scabbard

To me it looks like a Bar 6L with Stop Ring that has had the end removed and a hole made to attach the jewel.

Which is quite likely as the original staff for Gandalf is a Bar 6L, so the most obvious starting point is to cut that one.

5 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Thank you all. That sucks though. Kept searching bars on bricklink.  I love the look and want that for my wizards.  

$15 gets you Gandalf plus Glamdring and his customized wand. Or contact the seller to see if he sells the wands separately :)

59 minutes ago, gregpj said:

90391pb02.png

Yeah, I meant to say that they may have removed both the spear tip and cylinder to get that look. However, it certainly does look like a bar 6L (part #63965) that has the end removed. I am assuming they just drilled a hole just large enough to place the jewel in it.