4002016 - Holiday 2016 LEGO employee gift "50 years on track"

Lego Templar

I just want to know what this designer was doing the rest of the year.  When I first saw a pic of this set I thought it was a picture of a 2017 release and I was pretty excited for it. But that only lasted about 10 seconds as I then noticed the "Happy Holidays" on the box. I would take this set over at least 95% of what was released this year. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Too busy writing my resume to submit to TLG to be able to respond to this thread, unfortunately.

I'm in the queue, about 23,788 places ahead of you.

32 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Wow, that's an easy £1000 set before it even leaves station!

36 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Pretty cool of Lego to do this. Wonder how many will be made/value will be on secondary market.

Screenshot from 2016-11-29 15-10-51.png

Edited by Phil B

20 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I just want to know what this designer was doing the rest of the year.  When I first saw a pic of this set I thought it was a picture of a 2017 release and I was pretty excited for it. But that only lasted about 10 seconds as I then noticed the "Happy Holidays" on the box. I would take this set over at least 95% of what was released this year. 

They are busy rehashing updating the WV Bakery set for Christmas 2017 release :P

• Like 2

I'm guessing it is frowned on by lego if their employees sell the sets instead of keeping them? Theres no numbering / special identifying marks etc on sets so  the employees can't get identifired easily.

I rememeber speakeing to a lego employee once regarding their special discounts / season gifts they get and they said some people have been caught reselling and got in trouble previously.  Most just gice the sets to one of their family member / close friend so they can sell on their ebay account to avoid detection just in case lego does find out they resell sets.

3 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I'm guessing it is frowned on by lego if their employees sell the sets instead of keeping them? Theres no numbering / special identifying marks etc on sets so  the employees can't get identifired easily.

I rememeber speakeing to a lego employee once regarding their special discounts / season gifts they get and they said some people have been caught reselling and got in trouble previously.  Most just gice the sets to one of their family member / close friend so they can sell on their ebay account to avoid detection just in case lego does find out they resell sets.

There´s probably a Hungarian Delboy type who has made a deal with the trade union shop steward to buy all the workers´ sets in bulk to flip.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

It's a superb gift and I'd be quite pissed if employees of mine were profiting out of a nice goodwill gesture like this. It seems like some employees just don't love the product as much as zi thought. Hmmm... could these people be the QFLLs that we can't compete with?

I'd have bought one if I didn't have scruples as I think this will skyrocket! An ungrateful employee that doesn't deserve this gift doesn't deserve my money!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, vatilomi said:

sold 4 between 430-470€

I'd prefer €1000 next Xmas ;-)

There's one born every minute, why not just pay €300 or less on eBay? I bet a lot will regret not keeping this set for another year or five to allow time for more to be opened. According to Bricklink, there's some very rare pieces in that set.

4 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

To me this set is not really special - I mean you get only miniatures on the real models. there were also great sets in the past for the LEG employees like Ole's house etc. But the price stays stable and does not increase much...

For me it's not about the models, it's just a nice looking unique set. I like retro themed sets.

I agree though, I don't think the price will rise much past €250-€300 any time soon.

37 minutes ago, vatilomi said:

sold 4 between 430-470€

You did well, but I hope you don't get returns. It can be bought for €260 +shipping on ebay currently.

15 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

For me it's not about the models, it's just a nice looking unique set. I like retro themed sets.

I agree though, I don't think the price will rise much past €250-€300 any time soon.

You did well, but I hope you don't get returns. It can be bought for €260 +shipping on ebay currently.

actualy, i bought them on BL for 255€ each and free assured shipment. and sold them localy, i think the reason that people buy at these prices is that they like this set very much considering all the other meh sets TLG released.

it's original, around 1000 parts, nostalgia for train freaks (very hardcore ?), etc...A winner!

now i will buy another 5! ?