Freezing temperatures: Leaving Lego in a car overnight?

I have my big haul from Toys R Us sales this weekend currently chilling in my trunk, literally. I'm in NY and we have a little bit of snow and freezing temps in the area.

All of these Lego sets are going to their final destination tomorrow at my office/warehouse. Is it safe leaving Lego in a freezing car overnight? Or should I bring them in to the house for the time being?

I think the lego pieces will do fine.  Strange things can happen to the boxes in very cold temperatures though.  I've had warping issues result, and once you bring them inside you can actually get condensation that can cause visible water damage if you're not careful.  Plus in my area, well-meaning but tragically meth-addicted folks have a habit of jimmying open trunks to scavenge for goodies.  I would bring the lego sets inside.

Guest TabbyBoy

This is why I keep my sets in climate controlled warehouse and NOT in the attic. If you keep expensive sets in the attic for more than one Summer & Winter, you'll be looking forward to loose seals and maybe warping. Remember, the slightest blemish wipes £s of the value!

One night in a car should be OK temperature wise but, make sure that nobody saw you fill the car and knows that you left it full. I never leave sets in my car overnight. If in doubt, bring them inside.

This is why I keep my sets in climate controlled warehouse and NOT in the attic. If you keep expensive sets in the attic for more than one Summer & Winter, you'll be looking forward to loose seals and maybe warping. Remember, the slightest blemish wipes £s of the value!
One night in a car should be OK temperature wise but, make sure that nobody saw you fill the car and knows that you left it full. I never leave sets in my car overnight. If in doubt, bring them inside.

Unless the box is in very bad shape, I have never seen box condition severely impact a set's value. I'll take pics of my sets that are sitting in a climate controlled by Mother Nature. Mind it that my shed is insulated, and inna shady spot in my yard so it does not sustain harsh heat. They have been in there for about a year now. Have not noticed any of those things yet. I think they sustain more damage from improper positioning or stacking than from climate.