75172 - Y-wing Starfighter

Ciglione

Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

nice box

... as the bishop said to the actress! ;-)

I must admit, it is a nice box and the contents don't look too bad either. Of course, it'll be around for a while and I may bite during the next 3-for-2 if I'm buying again by then.

Guest TabbyBoy
25 minutes ago, Haay said:

I definitely want one for my own collection. And if I see them during 2017 at a 50% discount I will certainly buy some stock of it.

AND at 3-for-2!

But if you compare it with this image:

Ywing-CHRON.jpg

then I think the new Y-Wing Starfighter approaches the 'real' one better than the Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter. For example the clear (see-through) top of the cockpit canopy on the old Y-Wing which is not as it should be. And the new torpedo drop function is an excellent addition to this new Y-wing set! 

• Like 1

Both 9495 and 75172 are really great representations of the Y-Wing imo. Obviously not as good as the UCS model:

user-14-2016-06-03-07-29-11.jpeg

Which is one of the best Star Wars UCS models imo, but still very nice.

7658 from 2007, is actually a pretty nice looking model as well.

14895.jpg

Overall Y-Wing sets have been very good.

I was hoping there would be some extra details on the new set to make it worth buying, but I'm sticking with my 9495 for now. The differences are too minor.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

And the new torpedo drop function is an excellent addition to this new Y-wing set! 

9495 has proton torpedos and proton bombs play features too. You put the bombs in the little hole at the back, and there's a hatch at the bottom where they fall through.

12 hours ago, c_rpg said:

9495 has proton torpedos and proton bombs play features too. You put the bombs in the little hole at the back, and there's a hatch at the bottom where they fall through.

Ah, I didn't know that part. Since I missed the 9495 while still being in my Lego Dark Ages, I'm really happy to have the new 75172 now. :)  Of course it can't compete with the UCS model, but since I don't have that model either, this will do. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...