21019 - The Eiffel Tower

kahuka

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, kahuka said:

FBA is currently at $75. Is this one done?

I think so as prices are already climbing on eBay and some retailers are running out. I did buy some during Tesco's first 3-for-2 sale to cover myself. If the Trevi Fountain is anything to go by, this should do well.

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

I think so as prices are already climbing on eBay and some retailers are running out. I did buy some during Tesco's first 3-for-2 sale to cover myself. If the Trevi Fountain is anything to go by, this should do well.

We're glad you don't have to worry about it anymore.

• Like 6

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

We're glad you don't have to worry about it anymore.

I do but, I forgot to add one thing to an earlier message.... I am only keeping my Architecture sets and the best IDEAS sets as I have a gut feeling that some of these will hit 3x by next year and, since they're small sets, I haven't got to worry about storage. However, when I said that I wasn't buying any more, I meant it and have only bought sets for Xmas presents.

Apart from my retired/retiring Architecture/IDEAS sets, the rest will be gone by the weekend as the offer on these was only RRP ;-) I may be daft but, I'm not stupid.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

I do but, I forgot to add one thing to an earlier message.... I am only keeping my Architecture sets and the best IDEAS sets as I have a gut feeling that some of these will hit 3x by next year and, since they're small sets, I haven't got to worry about storage. However, when I said that I wasn't buying any more, I meant it and have only bought sets for Xmas presents.

Apart from my retired/retiring Architecture/IDEAS sets, the rest will be gone by the weekend as the offer on these was only RRP ;-) I may be daft but, I'm not stupid.

Of course

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Don´t think this one is retiring yet. There are now very few Architecture sets that are not cityscapes and one would imagine this is a best seller. I think it could have  a 3-4 year lifecycle.

You could be right since the White House lasted a long time and has actually shown immediate growth which tells me that there's high (pun intended) hopes for the Eiffel Tower. It's only the most famous commemorative tower in the World so, how can it possibly fail? Of course, I filled my boots big-time when Tesco has these on 3-for-2. I'm not a fan of the sh1tty-scapes TBH and I only bought Venice when Amazon had it for £12.99 during a lightning deal.

The only wrong with talking about Architecture on here is that the "BP horde" will soon be on the case.

Guys... Don't listen to me, the theme is crap and don't buy any! ;-)

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

You could be right since the White House lasted a long time and has actually shown immediate growth which tells me that there's high (pun intended) hopes for the Eiffel Tower. It's only the most famous commemorative tower in the World so, how can it possibly fail? Of course, I filled my boots big-time when Tesco has these on 3-for-2. I'm not a fan of the sh1tty-scapes TBH and I only bought Venice when Amazon had it for £12.99 during a lightning deal.

The only wrong with talking about Architecture on here is that the "BP horde" will soon be on the case.

Guys... Don't listen to me, the theme is crap and don't buy any! ;-)

Okay?

44 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Don´t think this one is retiring yet. There are now very few Architecture sets that are not cityscapes and one would imagine this is a best seller. I think it could have  a 3-4 year lifecycle.

The set was released in Jan 2014, so its almost to the three year mark. 

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I'll be surprised if this isn't done.

It seems like it's not far off as it's gone from most official retailers in the UK and backordered to 27DEC at LEGO UK. It's only available now from the "fleecers" on Amazon & eBay. Thanks to Tesco, I'm alright, Jack.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

It seems like it's not far off as it's gone from most official retailers in the UK and backordered to 27DEC at LEGO UK. It's only available now from the "fleecers| on Amazon & eBay. Thanks to Tesco, I'm alright, Jack.

Here in the States, it's only available online @ B&N & back orderable at LEGO Shop at Home. Sold out at TRU, Amazon, Target & Walmart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Thinking the same.They retired a lot of Architectures sets this year, I think that has another year. So lets stock up next year 10/2017

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I took a punt this was gone this year. Looks like I was wrong.

On 13/12/2016 at 9:45 PM, Val-E said: