21019 - The Eiffel Tower

kahuka

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

It seems like 21019 is done:

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 20.32.45.png

The Entertainer normally don't tag sets as "Discontinued" unless that really is the case. A lot of retailers have also run out of these. I think that these will do very well and I already had my fill last year from Tesco ;-)

LEGO also haven't increased the RRP which could be another sign?

The Fat Lady is in the dressing room now as a mate just tried to order 6 (below the limit of 10) from LEGO Shop at Home and got this response:

We’re really sorry, but your recent LEGO® order has been cancelled because it went above our purchase limits for the following item(s): 
21019 The Eiffel Tower

We sometimes put limits on popular sets so that as many LEGO® fans as possible can get their hands on them. If you’ve placed previous orders for a particular item, it may be that you’ve simply gone above the number we’re currently supplying per household.
Although you won’t be able to buy those sets right now, we regularly change and remove purchase limits, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on our website over the next few months. If there were other items in your order, these can be reordered at any time. 

Kind regards, 

LEGO® Customer Service

UNQUOTE

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, thebrickdad said:

That can easily happen if (say) he has ordered 5 sets previously. I have previously found that Lego take the limit across your whole purchase history.

It's only his second ever order, the first was for 2 Yellow Submarines. Yes, I know LEGO looks at entire history per household. Try ordering 10 and see what happens ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Sorry, still not buying into ET retirement at this time. Check back in November.

Nobody bought into Town Hall retirement when that went. We're due some surprises, right?

Guest TabbyBoy

Tesco have just restocked so probably 01S7? I think this is one of the very few themes that have potential since the bubble popped. R2-D2 & SSD prices have nosedived so something's up. Just glad I'm done with buying now.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

If any architecture sets are going to retire outside of usual Oct/Nov period is expect it to be some of the skylines. 

They already retired a lot of buildings last year but there are now 6 skylines available. If any arch sets retire early my money would be on Berlin and Venice.

Venice would be nice as I bought a bunch last year at £16 each. My claim to fame it that I've been to EVERY "Skyline" city ;-)

Venice is still too new and we all know that LEGO can keep a lot of a theme still alive, modulars anyone?

My 2p worth is on the Eiffel Tower toppling first. Tesco have them for £26.55 which is the current cheapest - shame there's no 3-for-2 as this could, just could, tempt me.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Don't hold on to 21019 too long as a larger version may be on the cards. However the £12-Asda-Brigade will do very well, even now.

29 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Don't hold on to 21019 too long as a larger version may be on the cards. However the £12-Asda-Brigade will do very well, even now.

Well that is the risk with most Lego sets. Is there any information about 21019, or is it just a post to show us your buyin??

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Well that is the risk with most Lego sets. Is there any information about 21019, or is it just a post to show us your buyin??

No, it's speculation. A set that's been hugely popular for so long is just asking for a bigger and better remake IMHO. A lot of people bought 21019 for £12 from Asda, and they've still been heavily discounted elsewhere. Are your eyes shining green by any chance? ?

38 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

No, it's speculation. A set that's been hugely popular for so long is just asking for a bigger and better remake IMHO. A lot of people bought 21019 for £12 from Asda, and they've still been heavily discounted elsewhere. Are your eyes shining green by any chance? ?

I dont get the reference with shining green eyes? Maybe Hulk - mad reference?