2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Ed Mack

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2017 at 11:05 AM, Ed Mack said:

My son and I used Google's Random Number Generator, along with an Excel spreadsheet to come up with the winner of the LEGO Secondary raffle.  Over two hundred tickets were in this raffle, from well over a hundred very generous people!

The winner is Waddamon!  

Please contact me for your choice of prizes and shipping address.  

I would like to thank everyone once again for their generosity.  BrickPicker members have come through once again in support of a wonderful school and the kids and faculty are very grateful.  

All the main prizes have been shipped.  Please post any pictures you have of the prizes or built sets.  Thanks again!  Ed

Displaying IMG_3132.JPG

Well, I missed out in the main raffle and secondary raffle, but I was happy to contribute to a good cause!  It was amazing seeing the donation amount climb that final day and I'm more than willing to do it again next year if needed.  

Congrats to all the winners!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian92007 said:

You choose those two instead of ?/?

I asked for the AT-AT to replace Slave I. I have a S1 in my display collection and I didn't want to use the prize for financial gain, so I asked for an AT-AT which I've been wanting and the prices are getting kinda nuts. 

Edited by TigerEyez
  • Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, thombockerman said:
I was the lucky member to win the mystery prize!  My sons (and dog) helped make an unboxing video. Thank you very much brickpicker.com, Ed and Jeff.

Thank you for a wonderful video. This just confirms my belief of why LEGO sets are the best toy ever created. The dog was great. I'm glad the sets found a wonderful home.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, TigerEyez said:
I asked for the AT-AT to replace Slave I. I have a S1 in my display collection and I didn't want to use the prize for financial gain, so I asked for an AT-AT which I've been wanting and the prices are getting kinda nuts. 

I looked at the prices of the AT-AT after I sent it and knew I made a bad deal. LOL

• Like 1

I can't believe I actually won, I never won anything.  I'll be inviting a fellow Lego nerd(though mch younger than me) to come over and smooth to see if Mr. Gold is in the box of minifigs.  Thank you so much.  They should run this fundraiser before year end, people would give more for the tax write off.  October through December or something.

Thanks for all you guys do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thombockerman said:

I was the lucky member to win the mystery prize!  My sons (and dog) helped make an unboxing video. Thank you very much brickpicker.com, Ed and Jeff. 

Dude, your family and dog video made me smile. 2 thumbs up. 

P.S. I would kill to grow a beard that thick. It's awesome.  

I agree, I also enjoy watching lego build videos with my son, we will probably build the exo suit tomorrow. The beard is actually for a bet with co workers, about twelve of us are in the pot for $100 each person who shaves before June. Whoever still hasn't shaved when June comes along splits the pot. It started December 1, and I'm crossing my fingers for a big payout. So far 5 of the guys have shaved. 

Not to get too far off topic but my wife knits quite a bit, and I can honestly say it's pretty much level with my lego hobby and enthusiasm. There is a particularly wel known knitters website, and some of the groups of knitters make gift swap boxes for each other and their families around holiday times. Some knit pieces, some yarn, some treats and toys for the kiddies.  It's like secret santa and everyone enjoys it, they try to make a video or at least many photos bragging on their killer generous swap giver.  

I wonder if something like that would interest anyone here?

also for next years raffle I would be happy to donate a prize!

5 hours ago, thombockerman said:

I was the lucky member to win the mystery prize!  My sons (and dog) helped make an unboxing video. Thank you very much brickpicker.com, Ed and Jeff.

My kids are similar ages and it was nice to see how very similar they behave.  My daughter also would have been distracted and building at the first sign of something she liked.  Congratulations and have fun building!

5 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

Anyone else cringe when the little guy started handling the MISB raptor escape?

YUP!

4 hours ago, waddamon said:

I can't believe I actually won, I never won anything.  I'll be inviting a fellow Lego nerd(though mch younger than me) to come over and smooth to see if Mr. Gold is in the box of minifigs.  Thank you so much.  They should run this fundraiser before year end, people would give more for the tax write off.  October through December or something.

I would have taken the minifigs too.  Good luck and congratulations!

I always wondered what the most effective timing of the raffle would be. I figured after the Holidays and into the boring days of Winter would be the best time, but if people think otherwise and have any ideas, I would be willing to listen.

12 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I always wondered what the most effective timing of the raffle would be. I figured after the Holidays and into the boring days of Winter would be the best time, but if people think otherwise and have any ideas, I would be willing to listen.

Having a rafffle ending in Dec could go either way,  I like the ability to write off charitable contributions / gambling losses (depends on your accounting and tax laws ) sooner than later. However, people are spending a ton in Nov and Dec on the holidays.  Not sure if a raffle would get lost in the mix.  

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

The amount of money people were spending on all the deals this past Nov/Dec was off the charts, I really think the raffle would have be the last thing people would have been interested in.

Agreed. How about about the beginning of the school year if it needs to change. Personally, I don't mind the current dates.

18 minutes ago, belljohn said:

My packages finally arrived yesterday. @thombockerman really upped the ante.  Who do you think is more excited, my daughter or me?  These are the 2 modulars we need to complete our collection.  I will get a photo of them all when I can, we are under a bit of construction now.  Thanks again.

My daughter wanted to start right away.  We finished the first 2 bags of the bank before bedtime.

IMG_1350.thumb.JPG.232114c4ff554d2425af180cc71c2f8c.JPG

Great video.  It makes me smile when I see the kid's faces when they open the boxes.  That's why LEGO is the best...

22 hours ago, chibhawk said:

GBHQ arrived safe and sound! The photo is from a few days ago after yet another storm from this past week. This will be much more enjoyable than the snowblowing and shoveling from the last few days. Thank you once again!

GBHQ.jpg

Looks nice.  We can't buy snow in South Jersey.