2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Ed Mack

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

It should take you directly to checkout once you click add to cart. If not, click the cart icon at the top right and click contribute in the popup window. Next keep clicking the downward arrows until it asks for your details.

Ask @Ed Mack if it still doesn't work.

That's about it.  The arrows will lead the way.  

51 minutes ago, redjersey said:

Just bought a second $50 batch of tickets. It's a pleasure to support the school and offer my appreciation for all the work Ed and Jeff put into this invaluable site. Thank you, gentlemen!

Thank you!  You now qualify for the secondary raffle!

• Like 2

i looked at last years thread and compared to that this year is much quieter.The total is also running behind last years at this time if my memory is correct. Has the site lost visitors? I would have thought you would do better then last year but it seems to be a very disappointing start. I remember there was a major push the last few days last year and i certainly hope for your sake you replicate that. 

18 hours ago, rcdb1984 said:

do I get a notification for buying a 2'nd batch of 50$ or just get notified if I win?

At the conclusion of the primary raffle, Jeff and I will aggregate the information from Rallyup.com and raffle off the secondary prizes that qualify for the $100 contribution.  We will run that and I will have my son pick from a hat or something similar.  We will post it on the site.  Right now, there are only like 20 people that qualify, so you have an excellent chance of winning.

13 hours ago, river41 said:

i looked at last years thread and compared to that this year is much quieter.The total is also running behind last years at this time if my memory is correct. Has the site lost visitors? I would have thought you would do better then last year but it seems to be a very disappointing start. I remember there was a major push the last few days last year and i certainly hope for your sake you replicate that. 

Yes, it has been disappointing so far, I have to be honest with you.  No, the site is as active or even more so than this time last year.  I hope for the sake of the school, kids and teachers, that people are procrastinators once again and will step up in the time remaining.  We are working on a Live feed event at the school, so I am trying to stir up interest.  We will send out some emails to remind people and appreciate if people would share our links.  These are really some great prizes and even just a $10 raffle purchase helps and confirms my belief that this site is worth the effort.  

Wow! Let me say thank you all so much!! The generosity I have seen is overwhelming from this site. St. Paul's School wouldn't be where we are if not for you!  One of our former Principles of SPS, Sister Peter,  was famous for saying "Have you made a difference today?" SPS teaches the students to always be humble and to make a difference whenever and wherever they can....one kind act at  time or one brick at a time.

lionstrong.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

Sorry for the dumb question, but am I right in thinking that there will be one draw and that person will choose from either prize 1 to 10.

Then there will then be a seperate draw for people who donated > $100 for the special prizes?

There are ten prizes.  Ten separate winners.  Plus one bonus winner from the people who bought $100 or more of tickets.

29 minutes ago, brickelements said:

In for $130 total in tickets.  I hope it helps.

Scott - BrickElements

Thanks...It all helps.  Even $10.00.  Last year we had 1200 contributors, many small denominations.  I appreciate every dollar...So does the school and families.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, echin313 said:

I haven't been on the forums since before the holidays so I almost missed this!  I just bought my batch of tickets today!

Good luck fundraising and good luck to everyone in the raffle!

Thanks...We are going to send out a few email reminders before the end of the raffle.  

21 minutes ago, Starkthunder said:

I got tickets for all of them except the Death Stars ?

Funny, Death Star is still popular.

Please forgive a grumpy, retired veterinarian when I say, "buy raffle tickets"! If we can afford to buy LEGO sets then we can afford to support this extremely meritorious cause!

Life is about making good decisions and right now the members (with the exception of those who have donated/bought tickets)  are NOT making good decisions. These kids and the school need our help. Ed is the go between person. Let's not disrespect him and all that he is doing and for heavens sake let's not  allow this school to continue to scrape by or fail.

So open up your wallets you cheap skates and buy some tickets!!!!!!

Okay I am done my rant. And please refer to my preamble about me being a grumpy, retired veterinarian as to the cause for same :)

But seriously, buy some tickets.......all of you!

Have a good evening.

Paul

Edited by Summit
  • Like 3

Please forgive a grumpy, retired veterinarian when I say, "buy raffle tickets"! If we can afford to buy LEGO sets then we can afford to support this extremely meritorious cause!
Life is about making good decisions and right now the members (with the exception of those who have donated/bought tickets)  are NOT making good decisions. These kids and the school need our help. Ed is the go between person. Let's not disrespect him and all that he is doing and for heavens sake let's not  allow this school to continue to scrape by or fail.
So open up your wallets you cheap skates and buy some tickets!!!!!!
Okay I am done my rant. And please refer to my preamble about me being a grumpy, retired veterinarian as to the cause for same
But seriously, buy some tickets.......all of you!
Have a good evening.
Paul

I won't be donating till the last minute for page one reasons lol!

Share the link on social media guys! Takes 20 seconds and can make a big difference. I've said it many times that the Macks do a lot for us/site and I think at the very least we can give money to a school in need. Use it as a write off if need be!
  • Like 1

just a idea but if you have access to their email addresses can you send a nice email to all of last years raffle buyers asking nicely for them buy again?

there are probably a number of people that no longer visit the site but may be happy to pick up even just a few raffle tickets.

5 minutes ago, river41 said:

just a idea but if you have access to their email addresses can you send a nice email to all of last years raffle buyers asking nicely for them buy again?

there are probably a number of people that no longer visit the site but may be happy to pick up even just a few raffle tickets.

Yes we are waiting on Rally Up to addresses something for us and we will do that.  Ed already drafted something up for that.