Lego sets to display

Hi Brick-pickers!

I'm planning to get 3-4 Lego-displays in my living room, but I need some inpiration for what to display. I got the 76023 Tumbler and this is one of the lego-sets which i want to display.
I might go for the 10188 Death Star (Since the Death Star II is amazingly expensive, and the New Death Star is ... yeah, you know)

Have you any ideas to what I can display? I need inspiration for 1-3 Lego sets.. The thing is, it should not be colorful and it has to be kinda big :)
I have though of gettting the 10228 Haunted House and/or the Slave I, And I might display an Imperial Army/Scenario with 40+ Storm Troopers, Darth Vader, an Imperial Shuttle etc.

If you have any ideas or got photos of what you have displayed in glasscabinets, please share :)

High-Fives -Theis

Edited by TBDieckmann

4 minutes ago, TBDieckmann said:

Hi Brick-pickers!

I'm planning to get 3-4 Lego-displays in my living room, but I need some inpiration for what to display. I got the 76023 Tumbler and this is one of the lego-sets which i want to display.
I might go for the 10188 Death Star (Since the Death Star II is amazingly expensive, and the New Death Star is ... yeah, you know)

Have you any ideas to what I can display? I need inspiration for 1-3 Lego sets.. The thing is, it should not be colorful and it has to be kinda big :)
I have though of gettting the 10228 Haunted House and/or the Slave I..

If you have any ideas or got photos of what you have displayed in glasscabinets, please share :)

High-Fives -Theis

Disney Castle and Helicarrier would go well with the tumbler and any SW UCS.  Also impressive would be Big Ben + Tower Bridge, though those might not blend as well, with the movie themed sets.  Finally if you like the style the Big Technic sets make great display pieces, and the tumbler would fit in there well, and some of the retired ones are still fairly reasonable.

What type of sets do you like?

Have a look around this thread:

Do you like ships? 10210: Imperial Flagship is a great display piece too. Looks amazing on a mantle piece. Other sets: Maersk stuff (10219,10241), 10231/10213: Shuttle Expedition, 10194: Emerald Night, 4195: Queen Anne's Revenge, 4184: The Black Pearl. Plenty of sets to choose from if you have the money.

On brickset you can search by theme or tag and then sort by number of pieces (descending) to get a list of the largest sets.

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Advanced-Models

If i were picking just three alongside tumbler without completely breaking the bank I'd say 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle, Ghostbusters HQ complete with Ecto 1 and either Helicarrier (if you're a marvel fan) or Technic Porsche 911.

They are probably the most impressive sets in my collection discounting the nearing £1000 10221 Super Star Destroyer

17 minutes ago, TBDieckmann said:

Hi Brick-pickers!

Pirate ships are great for displays. Quite big and look amazing when put next to other ships in a "fleet". Slave 1 is another one of my favourites. If looking for display ideas take a look through the collection thread already linked. You can also take a look at my profile gallery and see what I've done over the years display-wise. This is my current setup, albeit in a different house now, but nothings changed:

• Like 1