75170 - The Phantom (2017)

exciter1

• 10 months later...
Good price at £27. Only ever been at Smyths and SAH, and never cheaper. 

You, sir, are a hero. A stock check for these had shown only 3 left at my Smyths and no more within 150 miles of me. I was struggling not to pick them up due to them being RRP (I'm a sucker for Rebels theme).

I've just bought two and took a risk on the discounted Rex's AT-TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 03/01/2018 at 10:19 PM, JinkyVII said:

You, sir, are a hero. A stock check for these had shown only 3 left at my Smyths and no more within 150 miles of me. I was struggling not to pick them up due to them being RRP (I'm a sucker for Rebels theme).

I've just bought two and took a risk on the discounted Rex's AT-TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Might do ok, but the SAH stock took longer to sell out than I hoped. Exclusives have a better chance, but the set was overpriced to start with, so who knows! 

I'd be happy with £45 to £50 selling price by November. 

I would be very surprised if that happens. Can't see it going over RRP for a long time.

On the contrary. Not heavily hoarded due to RRP and it was a Smyths exclusive in U.K. so not discounted widely. Has Thrawn and Rebels is finishing. Can see this doing well by year end

A preowned complete set with a bashed box just sold for £24 on eBay. They may end up doing well.
Thrawn is a fan favourite and it has blind Kanan. As Cheese said, Rebels is finishing soon and the previous sets are going for way above RRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

1 hour ago, JinkyVII said:

A preowned complete set with a bashed box just sold for £24 on eBay. They may end up doing well.
Thrawn is a fan favourite and it has blind Kanan. As Cheese said, Rebels is finishing soon and the previous sets are going for way above RRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

That was excluding shipping too.

This will hit £50 quite quickly I think. It's probably there now if you sell the minifigs separately.

11 minutes ago, roxio said:

just noticed all mine from LEGO Shop at Home last week are codes 45s6 i.e. the first run. Was it such a low seller they only did one run !?

If they are returns, you can expect older seal codes. Just to satisfy @crayxlp curiosity, has anyone received any set in the sale with 2018 seals?

4 minutes ago, roxio said:

possibly, but the ones from online came double-boxed in sealed 3 per shipping cartons

So, they never even made it to a shop shelf. That is telling - 75150 revisited.

This is one of a number of sets that were vastly overprice at retail - city service station and fun in the park were others, and they all had a shorter than usual life.

Edited by Val-E

.. you have no idea how much I would like you to prove wrong :D

Id say its all due to the "individualities" of these people working in the plant itself.. Surely you dont expect someone holding a bachelor degree (or even more) to be there. Even though I expressed my genuine interest in a set bearing a seal (you sent me) and explained in length what am I after.. I guess for these not-really-great--paid workers is much easier to pick up whatever is on the shelf and sell it on classifieds to a "less problematic" guy

Edited by crayxlp

17 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So, they never even made it to a shop shelf. That is telling - 75150 revisited.

This is one of a number of sets that were vastly overprice at retail - city service station and fun in the park were others, and they all had a shorter than usual life.

They don't learn from the lack of success of overpriced sets either. The new First Order half-AT-ST is £54.99. Ridiculous. 

On the subject of 75150, it does now appear to be climbing, finally. Up to selling for about £65 and rising, when it was stuck at £50 for a long time.