KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

I just ordered a Cosco 6' folding table for $53.  Received $59 back in points.  This will help me organize my basement and all of the sets I am slowly working on.  Price was competitive with Amazon.

Also, I'm seeing on SlickDeals that the $50 cap on Smart Sense items was possibly reset so that if you hit the cap you can make another round of purchases.  I hit the max last week, and now I see points showing up online when I place Smart Sense items in my cart.

Picked up a 10729 Cinderella Carriage + 10723 Ariel Carriage + 41067 Belle's Castle for $31.  Discount was even more because the $31 was placed against a gift card I got almost 20% off.  So $90 worth of Lego for around $25.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

today i realized i am $10 short in point from today purchase. Looking at my point history, how can i only have $40 in point but $50 redeemed in 1 of my past purchase and make my point negative? i never return anything, so the negative is not something i return. any though?

As mentioned in this thread before, SYW has some crazy accounting where sometimes you suddenly get negative points, only to have those points recredited the same day or the next day. I had something similar last week where I was given $10k in points for a purchase, but not before they had first removed $10k somehow. In the end it all evened out.

• Like 1

Just visited my liquidating KMT.  Toys are now at 30%.  Appears they restocked the entire Lego aisle since I was last there.  In addition, the entire store looks restocked.  

I will be holding out until it hits 40%.

I bought just a few healthcare items.  25% clearance pricing plus 30% back in points.  They just will not let you use any coupons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Just visited my liquidating KMT.  Toys are now at 30%.  Appears they restocked the entire Lego aisle since I was last there.  In addition, the entire store looks restocked.  

I bought just a few healthcare items.  25% clearance pricing plus 30% back in points.  They just will not let you use any coupons.

My store let me use coupons the first couple weeks.  I hope it continues.

22 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Do you know when they go to 40% off? I have a liquidating Kmart in my town having 30% off toys right now, not much left but I saw a few items i'd get for 40% off. I was running out of time and didn't ask when their next mark down is scheduled. Is it a weekly thing?

Edited by LeiaOrgana
typo

15 minutes ago, LeiaOrgana said:

Do you know when they go to 40% off? I have a liquidating Kmart in my town having 30% off toys right now, not much left but I saw a few items i'd get for 40% off. I was running out of time and didn't ask when their next mark down is scheduled. Is it a weekly thing?

In post a week or so ago, someone indicated it is likely to happen at start of week 6.  

I believe my KMT just hit the start of week 3.  I believe weeks 3, 4 and 5 keep toys at 30%.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LegoEdison said:

today i realized i am $10 short in point from today purchase. Looking at my point history, how can i only have $40 in point but $50 redeemed in 1 of my past purchase and make my point negative? i never return anything, so the negative is not something i return. any though?

Never trust the information from your point history (actual quote from a SYW Rep). Negative points means that you have points on some kind of hold, like next day points from coupons and some promotions and raise and other SYW affiliate points that take 30 days to clear. Be pacient, if your seeing negative points it means it's in the system, but will take a little bit to show in your actual account.

34 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Never trust the information from your point history (actual quote from a SYW Rep). Negative points means that you have points on some kind of hold, like next day points from coupons and some promotions and raise and other SYW affiliate points that take 30 days to clear. Be pacient, if your seeing negative points it means it's in the system, but will take a little bit to show in your actual account.

Ditto - I figured this out after talking to a SYW supervisor, but still keep track of your purchases if you want to get all of the points you earned so you know what to argue.  2 weeks ago I showed a point balance of -233,000 after my first purchase (bottom entry on the Account History/My Points page).  And I was short about that much on my final balance.  She said that they should all be there by 1/20 (today).  I now show a point balance of -195,000 after my first purchase.  So I got credit for $48 since then, but I'm still short.  In my case I have no problem explaining to them that I'm short on points, because the first balance is an impossible number.  Time for another call - and with my store closing in 6 weeks I'd really like those points to use!

1 hour ago, TacoCat said:

Not sure if it's been posted here before, but you can spin the "big wheels" linked below once a day for a shot at SYW points. No survey questions and the links go straight to the instant win games. My understanding is the red background wheel resets weekly but the teal one may only pay out points once per account.

Links are mobile links, delete the  mp/  for desktop links.

http://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/16250/l

http://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/16250/l?p=WebPromo

$.50! Thanks :D

• Like 1

$.50! Thanks

I actually got 2000 from red and 1000 from bluish. Most points I've seen in months. Even WW Doorbustrs have only been giving me 150

Does anyone use the shopper? What does it do? Is it worth getting?

Or should I just grabbed the free $5 and ignore.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, donbee said:

I actually got 2000 from red and 1000 from bluish. Most points I've seen in months. Even WW Doorbustrs have only been giving me 150

Does anyone use the shopper? What does it do? Is it worth getting?

Or should I just grabbed the free $5 and ignore.

Thank you.

My shoppers has been awesome. Free $5 back on $25 coupons this week and other benefits.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TacoCat said:

Not sure if it's been posted here before, but you can spin the "big wheels" linked below once a day for a shot at SYW points. No survey questions and the links go straight to the instant win games. My understanding is the red background wheel resets weekly but the teal one may only pay out points once per account.

$0.25 & $0.50. Thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TacoCat said:

.50 + 1.00. THANKS!

• Like 1

Just an FYI: I was not able to use partial points on either KMart.com or SYW.com today. Had to place my order via chat with an agent. The "Redeem Points" box allows you to change the number, but when you press "Redeem" it still applies the full amount.

Not sure how long this has been a bug, I did ask the CS agent to raise this with the website team. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Just an FYI: I was not able to use partial points on either KMart.com or SYW.com today. Had to place my order via chat with an agent. The "Redeem Points" box allows you to change the number, but when you press "Redeem" it still applies the full amount.

Not sure how long this has been a bug, I did ask the CS agent to raise this with the website team. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Just tried and worked fine for me.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2017 at 0:39 AM, TacoCat said:

I've been giving these a whirl daily and today the red background one (first link) gave me $2, after already paying me $1 3 days ago. So either the reset is somewhere in the middle of the week, or it resets more often than once a week.

BTW: It refuses to finish "Loading" on my other account - not sure if that is a glitch or something else. Will keep trying.

• Like 3

I picked up a Resistance X-Wing for $32.79 with a discounted GC.  Used points and a $5 coupon to get it that low.  Plus received 5300 points back.  Just FYI - the set is currently discounted online to $65.86.

I mainly do my SYW shopping online, but I did check out a KMT near my kids' school today.  The cashier said she could only use all of my points rather than me giving her a certain amount.  As a result, I purchased an Elves Dragon Sanctuary (41178) for $2.25.  No complaints there.  My other KMT always allows me to dictate how many points to use?  She told me I could only dictate points online not instore.

MinifigW - consider yourself lucky with your PS.  Mine doesn't do much at all.  Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions?  I get zero coupons and barely any help when I reach out.  I always reach out before I'm considering sets and I've hoarded points.  Nothing...

I picked up a Resistance X-Wing for $32.79 with a discounted GC.  Used points and a $5 coupon to get it that low.  Plus received 5300 points back.  Just FYI - the set is currently discounted online to $65.86.
I mainly do my SYW shopping online, but I did check out a KMT near my kids' school today.  The cashier said she could only use all of my points rather than me giving her a certain amount.  As a result, I purchased an Elves Dragon Sanctuary (41178) for $2.25.  No complaints there.  My other KMT always allows me to dictate how many points to use?  She told me I could only dictate points online not instore.
MinifigW - consider yourself lucky with your PS.  Mine doesn't do much at all.  Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions?  I get zero coupons and barely any help when I reach out.  I always reach out before I'm considering sets and I've hoarded points.  Nothing...

She is wrong, she just didn't know how to do it.

26 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

As Exciter has already said, there's a way to use only some of your points. Next time, try taking your purchase up to customer service or get a supervisor involved. Your SYW game ups dramatically with using just enough points to stay above a coupon threshold and then receiving points back. 

• Like 1