KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

4 minutes ago, psusyntar said:

Instant Points Fixer Upper is a $3 DB right now.  Codes for it are B1gspr1ng or iCanfixIT if you used your one entry already.

I get the extra sweeps games and do those regularly, but I still cannot figure out what you mean by DB (door busters), how do you access these on SYW?

24 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

I get the extra sweeps games and do those regularly, but I still cannot figure out what you mean by DB (door busters), how do you access these on SYW?

You just have to wait until they decide to make one of the instant win games into a Door Buster.  Happens at random times.  You can tell because the image of the game will have the words Door Buster on it.  Kind of like how some say "Premium."  It appears in the same spot.  All you have to do is play the game like normal for it to count.

• Like 1

You guys that deal with Kmart have some serious patience.  I just had a second order canceled and they put $1 and change on a different giftcard than what I originally used.  In addition to that, I was just delivered some road baseplates that I ordered to make up for the previous damaged ones they sent and these were damaged too.  Is it common with baseplates to have deformed studs on the edges?

34 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

You guys that deal with Kmart have some serious patience.  I just had a second order canceled and they put $1 and change on a different giftcard than what I originally used.  In addition to that, I was just delivered some road baseplates that I ordered to make up for the previous damaged ones they sent and these were damaged too.  Is it common with baseplates to have deformed studs on the edges?

*cough*Pick Up at Sears*cough*

Seriously, sounds like they have a supply issue with those baseplates - likely the batch got damaged in the warehouse and you're just getting replacements from the same batch.

4 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I wish.  The closest Sears is a Hometown store, or whatever they call the smaller independent stores, and I don't think they can do that.  It's not an option at checkout.

They can receive shipments from a warehouse. My local Sears showroom has that ability.

I ordered 4 first or battle packs and was excited when they arrived yesterday... well, the white velcro walking shoes that I received are going to be missed by someone. I hope they enjoy my stormtroopers.

I still got my $10 point rewards points, so maybe it'll work out in my favor when I swap them at the store.

Edited by SageFly
  • Like 4

I ordered 4 first or battle packs and was excited when they arrived yesterday... well, the white velcro walking shoes that I received are going to be missed by someone. I hope they enjoy my stormtroopers.
I still got my $10 point rewards points, so maybe it'll work out in my favor when I swap them at the store.

I received hiking shoes once.
Took forever to get money back after returning through mail.
Can you return Kmart merchandise to Sears? I know longer have a Kmart within 50 miles. Mine mysteriously disappeared without me knowing it.

17 minutes ago, donbee said:

Can you return Kmart merchandise to Sears? I know longer have a Kmart within 50 miles. Mine mysteriously disappeared without me knowing it.

I've never returned to Sears, maybe you could call them.

44 minutes ago, donbee said:

Yes you can, however, it doesn't work for all items. Not sure on which ones qualify and which ones don't. I know for a fact that sleeping bags cannot be returned in a Sears store - had to get a (free) UPS return label and make several phone calls before I got my money back on an order of those I made a while back. I did return a LEGO set once upon receipt which was no hassle at all.

• Like 1

FREE COUPONS

Now that I have your attention, it's time for another Bluelight Coupon trivia show!

Today's prize: $7 off $50 at Kmart (Works IN STORE as well, with $10 off $50s getting hard to find this is a good one) AND 25% back in points on $50 purchase or more (VIP members only).

Today's question / task

What were the key differences in the motivation for the settlement of the British New England & Chesapeake Bay colonies?

First one to correctly answer the question below wins!

Good luck! I will have some more good coupons to give away in the following weeks :)

26 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Today's question / taskWhat were the key differences in the motivation for the settlement of the British New England & Chesapeake Bay colonies?

If memory serves me correctly...the main difference between the settlements was that New England was based on religious reasons (persecution/separatists) and Chesapeake was economics (make a profit).

• Like 1

Can anyone shed some light on the SYW VIP birthday-month mechanics?  My wife has run a few thousand through SYW this month (her birthday month).  She moved from Silver to Gold and is $300 from Platinum.  Will she be rated as 5% Silver (start of the month) or 10-15% Gold/Platinum (end of the month)?  Will she receive the points in a lump sum?  And when should she expect to receive the points?  Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions- I want to know what to expect so we can call SYW when necessary.  The only thing I found on the SYW site is on the VIP page where it says "15% Back in points on your birthday month", and searching all over yielded me no info.  Thanks!!!

FREE COUPONS
Now that I have your attention, it's time for another Bluelight Coupon trivia show!
Today's prize: $7 off $50 at Kmart (Works IN STORE as well, with $10 off $50s getting hard to find this is a good one) AND 25% back in points on $50 purchase or more (VIP members only).
Today's question / task
What were the key differences in the motivation for the settlement of the British New England & Chesapeake Bay colonies?
First one to correctly answer the question below wins!
Good luck! I will have some more good coupons to give away in the following weeks

If memory serves me correctly...the main difference between the settlements was that New England was based on religious reasons (persecution/separatists) and Chesapeake was economics (make a profit).

Kevin didn't just do your homework for you did he?
  • Like 4

FREE COUPONS

Today's question / task

Clam chowder vs. blue crabs
  • Like 3