KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

So I go to my second Kmart today and notice signs that say "get $5 in points with $25 toy purchase." Found out at the previous Kmart that they had a $10 points for $50 purchase. I thought, different promos at different stores? So I take my approx $200 purchase and cashier helps me do 5 separate purchases. After I get in the car I realize I didn't get any bonus points on any purchases except for the one batch that accidentally went over $50. My point being that it seems like the store had an old sign up and I went through the trouble of cutting the purchase up smaller to get the points, which resulted in me not meeting the actual $50 threshold. Sucks! But now I know to get a printed receipt on my first batch to make sure the bonus points are there. I did e-receipts for all the sales so didn't notice this till it was too late.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ichiroll said:

So I go to my second Kmart today and notice signs that say "get $5 in points with $25 toy purchase." Found out at the previous Kmart that they had a $10 points for $50 purchase. I thought, different promos at different stores? So I take my approx $200 purchase and cashier helps me do 5 separate purchases. After I get in the car I realize I didn't get any bonus points on any purchases except for the one batch that accidentally went over $50. My point being that it seems like the store had an old sign up and I went through the trouble of cutting the purchase up smaller to get the points, which resulted in me not meeting the actual $50 threshold. Sucks! But now I know to get a printed receipt on my first batch to make sure the bonus points are there. I did e-receipts for all the sales so didn't notice this till it was too late.

Thats odd, the promo seems to still be live online (of course, its Kmart and SYW, so who really knows what is happening, perhaps its supposed to have ended). In theory they should still show up on your receipt, but the points are not active until the day (maybe even 24 hours) following your purchase. Perhaps they will show up today? 

Did you use points to help pay for it?  If you did that would send it below the threshold.

Give it 24 hours from purchase as I've had some strange things happen lately.  Email customer service with your order, and they are usually quick to respond with the reason.

2 hours ago, legorunner said:

Thats odd, the promo seems to still be live online (of course, its Kmart and SYW, so who really knows what is happening, perhaps its supposed to have ended). In theory they should still show up on your receipt, but the points are not active until the day (maybe even 24 hours) following your purchase. Perhaps they will show up today? 

1 hour ago, trstnkn said:

Did you use points to help pay for it?  If you did that would send it below the threshold.

Give it 24 hours from purchase as I've had some strange things happen lately.  Email customer service with your order, and they are usually quick to respond with the reason.

Thanks for the replies.

Yea, so the "$5 points for $25 spend" is for online only.  The one order I paid for online got those points this morning.  Another order from the same day but paid in store, got the $10 points for $50 spend.  What confused me is that I saw a sign for it at the 2nd Kmart I went to.  I ended up splitting the purchase up into $25+ bunches.  Turns out the sign was a farce and the correct thing to do was to split them into $50+ purchases.

The other 4 purchases that I split into $25+ thresholds have no bonus points.  Lost $20 bonus points...  =*(

It'd be nice to know what promos are actually running... but per my previous post, I'm going to get a printed receipt on my first purchase to double-check the promo is actually kicking in.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Thanks for the replies.

Yea, so the "$5 points for $25 spend" is for online only.  The one order I paid for online got those points this morning.  Another order from the same day but paid in store, got the $10 points for $50 spend.  What confused me is that I saw a sign for it at the 2nd Kmart I went to.  I ended up splitting the purchase up into $25+ bunches.  Turns out the sign was a farce and the correct thing to do was to split them into $50+ purchases.

The other 4 purchases that I split into $25+ thresholds have no bonus points.  Lost $20 bonus points...  =*(

It'd be nice to know what promos are actually running... but per my previous post, I'm going to get a printed receipt on my first purchase to double-check the promo is actually kicking in.

Always check the expiration date on the signage for any offer you're looking at. It also helps to take a picture for proof, if they did still have the signs up email SYW and they should credit you the points.

3 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Always check the expiration date on the signage for any offer you're looking at. It also helps to take a picture for proof, if they did still have the signs up email SYW and they should credit you the points.

Thanks, I definitely will pay closer attention going forward...

Need some help, have $13.50 in points expiring and a $10 in surprise points with $30 purchase.

SO I am trying to hit right above $30, or best set combos for around there.

I am SUPER limited with pick up from store, so the $30+ allows the free shipping too!

I had these sets in mind, some combination at least. Any thoughts on a good combo? Or any other good deals on sets that will ship that I missed? THANKS!

http://www.kmart.com/lego-elves-fire-dragon-s-lava-cave-41175/p-004W007081038001P

http://www.kmart.com/lego-city-volcano-exploration-truck-60121/p-004W001229405001P

http://www.kmart.com/lego-city-fire-ladder-truck-60107/p-004W007061043001P

Kmart closing on Walmart road trip

I hit one out-of-the way store closing and found a few gems... Emma's House (sticker 69.99) for $42 and 4 Space Starters (sticker 9.99) for $6 after mystery coupon, GC and points back.  The weekend VIP 15% in points didn't show up in my account.

- Coupons work if the cashier is willing to swipe them - my cashier had a debate with the front-end manager and told the manager she'd been swiping coupons all day.
- pre-loaded coupon applied for $7 off- I assume that this was a 7 off 50 I had loaded, but was totally not expecting since it didn't work at a different store closing last week.
- $10 in points on $50 applied

• Like 2