Anti Reseller Stickers on Lego

24 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Not sure where to post this but thought it was interesting. I just went to a couple of my local shopkos to pick up some 40% off Airport Terminals and I saw these stickers at one of them plastered all over the Friends sets and a few Star Wars sets...

Please submit your name and address Terry so I can call the Shopko  hotline like a good little sheep.

Please oh please, I hope the sheep don't fall for this.. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Not sure where to post this but thought it was interesting. I just went to a couple of my local shopkos to pick up some 40% off Airport Terminals and I saw these stickers at one of them plastered all over the Friends sets and a few Star Wars sets...

What a ridiculous initiative by that chain. Just laughable.

37 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Walmart use/d to do this. 

I'm sure you thanked them for their effort and cancelled the pic-up.
  • Like 1

They could print down one side of the box "NOT FOR RESALE" with all the odd information same as all those candy bars you can find up at the checkout lanes have on their wrappers and it would not make a difference though a moderately sized sticker like that plastered across the front will get more eyes but for the wrong reasons I think. I mean it comes across more like the item was stolen. I can't find anything about the number online and I'm not exactly brave enough to try dialing it either.

They could print down one side of the box "NOT FOR RESALE" with all the odd information same as all those candy bars you can find up at the checkout lanes have on their wrappers and it would not make a difference though a moderately sized sticker like that plastered across the front will get more eyes but for the wrong reasons I think. I mean it comes across more like the item was stolen. I can't find anything about the number online and I'm not exactly brave enough to try dialing it either.

the candy bars and such in the bulk pack have that for legal reasons. if the nutrition labels are not printed on the bars its illegal to sell them individually.

this just seems like a way to waste call center resources...

I had a funny one the other week on the anti reseller front.

A store in the UK had an offer where if you bought a Lego item you got a free Reindeer polybag. Anyway it worked out that they were selling the polys individually for £2.99 each. So if you bought 20 you got 10 free.

One day i was out of town shopping with the Mrs. while the offer was on and popped into the local store to see if they had some.

Anyway they had 4 in stock so i purchased 2 and when i went to collect the items 4 were waiting for me. Then the manager came over and started grilling me on why i was buying 4. I told him i only wanted to buy 2 for the kids but you gave me 2 free so of course i will take them.

I had never been in the store before and he started going on about Head office telling them to keep an eye open for people like me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

A store in the UK had an offer where if you bought a Lego item you got a free Reindeer polybag. Anyway it worked out that they were selling the polys individually for £2.99 each. So if you bought 20 you got 10 free.

One day i was out of town shopping with the Mrs. while the offer was on and popped into the local store to see if they had some.

Anyway they had 4 in stock so i purchased 2 and when i went to collect the items 4 were waiting for me. Then the manager came over and started grilling me on why i was buying 4. I told him i only wanted to buy 2 for the kids but you gave me 2 free so of course i will take them.

I had never been in the store before and he started going on about Head office telling them to keep an eye open for people like me. 

Nah even simpler say your getting them for party bag gifts I find with that they even go round back and check if they have more polybags.

34 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

I hope you ran out the store laughing like a crazy man screaming I am a re-seller and I now have all your stock muhahaha ;)

• Like 3

I can see at least one scenario where this label makes sense.

A large chain is price matching or doing clearance to get rid of stock or as a loss leader to get people in the door and do not appreciate the toy shop next door scooping up all their stock and then selling it in their own shop at full price when the large chain´s promo ends.

Amazon do it with Warehouse deals items.

Next step is they use branding irons.

1 hour ago, lazuli16 said:

Walmart use/d to do this. 

Really? About what year do you think that was?

These stickers, ridiculous as they are  mean 2 things:

1 Shopko will most likely join other retailers in the witch hunt for resellers.

2 It gives sheeple the idea that they are doing "good " by reporting resellers and that resellers and buying from resellers is "bad".

Sheeple is how most of us earn a dollar and they are easily influenced. I think a retailer "educating" shoppers about resellers  is worse than being banned by that retailer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brickbuilder77 said:

I hope you ran out the store laughing like a crazy man screaming I am a re-seller and I now have all your stock muhahaha ;)

No but i felt like saying " do you realise that 4-5 years ago i used to spend enough with your company in a year to pay your wages, now i give it to your competition. Think about it ! "

Edited by botchy123
x

1 minute ago, botchy123 said:

No but i felt like saying " do you realise that 4-5 years ago i used to spend enough with your company to pay your wages, now i give it to your competition. Think about it ! "

They can't comprehend that because they get paid by an employer. You don't get paid by an employer and they will never understand that.

1 hour ago, Jeff Mack said:

@terrymc4677 I took this out of daily deals, would probably do better as it's own thread.

I hope those stickers are easy to come off.

A hair dryer will do the trick just like any other price tag. I'm not sure what they expect to accomplish with these, but again, I thought they were interesting. Again, they were on pretty much all of the Friends sets and only a few Star Wars sets like Rey's Speeder. Nothing else. It would be interesting to know if they targeted those specific sets or if the employee applying them just started in the girl section and applied them to whatever at random until they were out of them.