• Announcements

• Jeff Mack

Forum Update   07/18/2017

I just updated the forum to a brand new version that included a bunch of new things. I know I need to fix some colors, but please let me know if other things are not working properly. As always, clear out your cache to pull in the latest css and js files to make sure you are using the newest files that they offer before submitting any bugs. *** I AM AWARE ABOUT THE MOBILE APP, PLEASE WATCH THIS THREAD HERE. WE ARE WAITING ON THE PROVIDER TO RELEASE AN UPDATED PATCH FOR THE MOBILE APP. THEY ARE ALWAYS BEHIND ***

LegoMan1212

Faded Castle and older Gray Pieces

Question

LegoMan1212    295

What do you guys do with these? Are they even worth anything or can they be cleaned?  Right now when I go through bulk stuff, I try to pull these out so that they are not included in anything as to my eyes these are no better than megablok as the color is distorted.  I have about 30-40 castle wall pieces that are clearly distorted or some ugly grayish color.

2 answers to this question

Mr_Coat    156

Soak them in Hydrogen Peroxide in the bright sun for a couple of hours. Will restore them nicely. I've done it multiple times with castles myself.

In my experience Grey pieces revert to the original colour after being soaked in Hydron Peroxide (I use 6-10% concentrarion) for at least 2 hours. Sunlight or UV light are necessary to catalize the reaction.

You can keep white bricks soaked in Hydrogen Peroxide for hours without problems but grey (and blue bricks), if soaked for more than 2-3 hours tend to irreversibly change into a grey-whitish colour. In this unfortunate case they can be thrown away...

Ciao!

Federico

1.jpg

Edited by XXXPHOENIX