First time poster....

Hi all, I'm just starting out with my Lego collection. Currently own ewok village, pet shop, yellow submarine and a few London buses (couldn't resist then in the Leicester Square shop)

Please could I get some advice regarding challenging builds that cost approximately £50.

I want to use Lego as a team building exercise and wanted to know what your suggestions would be regarding sets that could be suitable. I'm planning on having 3 teams, building 3 different sets swapping pieces before the event meaning the candidates would need to negate between themselves

Thanks

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2017 at 1:00 PM, clarky1000 said:

Please could I get some advice regarding challenging builds that cost approximately £50.

I want to use Lego as a team building exercise and wanted to know what your suggestions would be regarding sets that could be suitable. I'm planning on having 3 teams, building 3 different sets swapping pieces before the event meaning the candidates would need to negate between themselves

I think the bigger sets belonging to the Creator 3-in-1 series would be really nice for your purpose. The sets I'm thinking about are:

31036: Toy & Grocery Shop (2015, retired now but still available for around RRP)

31038: Changing Seasons (2015, retired now but still available for around RRP)

31039: Blue Power Jet (2015, retired now but still available for around RRP)

31050: Corner Deli (2016, still available everywhere)

31052: Vacation Getaways (2016, still available everywhere)

31065: Park Street Townhouse (2017)

Example of the last set:

31065-1.jpg.3914c2ae87d646bce4cddcdd8d9ee73a.jpg

These sets offer some (limited) advanced building techniques and because one set has 3 different build options, you could get every team one box and let each team build a different model. Just an idea... :)