Target Security Sticker on my recent lego box purchase

Petchiart

Question

Hey guys,

I wanted to get some advice from you experts. I recently purchased a lego from target. It has a target Security Sticker on it. I tried to remove it with hair dryer, but was not unsuccessful. I partially removed it, but once I saw the tape removed a tiny speck of paint I stopped away. If I leave the security sticker would it affect the price in anyway if I decide to sell it later? Thank you all in advance.

LEGO_security.jpg

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Petchiart said:

"but was not unsuccessful"

So congrats are in order!!  You did it! 

All kidding aside, at least the sticker doesn't look that bad.  Adds some zing to the box and as a buyer, it wouldn't bother me.  As the post above states, the sticker looks better than torn white coming through.

Sorry, reminded me of this from not too long ago from someone else:

So you're saying "Something", Mr. Trump? :) 

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

these stickers are usually on the bottom of the box adjacent to the UPC. If it didn't peel off you didn't get it hot enough.

What I do is place my finger next to the sticker when heating the sticker up with a hair dryer/heat gun. when your finger starts to get too hot (hurts) it's time to peel.

Keep in mind that the glue used for these is meant to keep them on. I always have to remove it with GooGone after the sticker is off.

• Like 1

Those stickers are a pain to get off.  Generally, to get them off, you have to get them so hot that they are almost at the point of melting...at least the plastic part of the sticker will melt and you'll often be left peeling the metal part away.  They leave a nasty residue as pstebbing mentioned so GooGone or naptha is generally necessary to eliminate all trace of the sticker, which is hard to do.  I wouldn't worry about the presence of the sticker adversely affecting the value of the set...there may be some collectors that would get bent out of shape about it, but they're also the crowd that would likely get bent out of shape by whatever small sign was left of the sticker after you're done peeling it off and removing the adhesive.