Can you verify my Gray color Guide?

Victorymike18

Question

Hello,

I recently bought a used lot with a bunch of vintage 1x1 plates.

I took the opportunity to make a little color chart, but also want to make sure I did it right before I list these on Bricklink.    I'd appreciate any help with verifying these are correct.   I can take a better picture with macro if this isn't quality enough:   (The Tan is my reference point for the list)

Gray%20Color%20Chart_zpslekwvp6l.jpg

And here's an example of the pieces I need to get listed:

12-9-16%20-%20Vintage%20Pieces_zpswjvx59

Edited by Victorymike18

7 answers to this question

So I found that this one seems to be more current (has the bluish gray's) but the colors didn't sync up to my comfort when printing:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ebindex/MCW/is_colourchart.png

There's another one I found (trying to find it again) that printed out much more accurately, but doesn't have the newer colors on it.

Grey and Bley are the hardest to determine. Especially if the Bley has been sun-bleached at all, as then it can look VERY much like classic Grey. At a glance these look right, but much like the printer calibration, any single monitor can be calibrated differently as well, so what I see might be the same as what you see. 

Wish Lego could've made the difference just a little more different. Dark Grey & Dark Bley, no problem. Brown and Reddish brown, no problem. Tiny Grey and Bley though.... bane of my sorting existence.