BrickHeadz 2017

Lordoflego

2 hours ago, KvHulk said:

*Shudder*

Boy these are ugly. .99 store anyone?

I had the same thought about mixels, when I first saw them.  On the flip side, my oldest went on a brickheadz building spree this past weekend, generating characters from other story themes.  Based on that, I think the series has legs with the under 14 crowd.

Yeah... they're cute... but hasn't the market had enough of big-head-collectible-figurines, yet?

I also immediately thought about Series 1 Mixels and how those turned to gold so quickly... but there's a difference: We were all "unsure" about Mixels...I thought, "Will kids even like these?... Will adults pay a premium for these?  ... Will they even make more than one or two series?" Consequently, many of us passed on the Series 1 Mixels, and the value rocketed.  These are such an obvious choice for the collector (and the arbitrageur), my fear would be a market glut.

There is no play value. These are strictly to collect/display. We have had this discussion on other threads about lego entering "different markets" and with great success. I like pop they are cool. I don't collect or buy them though. I will however buy these. Brand plays a huge factor and I'm willing to say these will be worth more than any funko or anything else like it. Yes it's a copy but just wait and see.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 11:50 AM, Alpinemaps said:

BrickHeadzBeautyBeast.jpg?resize=696,466

These are 41595 and 41596 respectively and as someone who already bought tickets to the March movie, I can tell you that this is clearly the animated version; no Justin Bieber head here.  I am sure that she who will be my wife will require these to go with her other B&B stuff.

Belle:

This beautiful BrickHeadz set featuring Belle is fun to build using colorful LEGO System bricks that recreate all of her iconic details from the classic Disney animation Beauty and the Beast, including buildable flowing hair with a ribbon and earrings. She also has a buildable rose in hand and stands on a baseplate with series number and BrickHeadz icon. Add some fairytale romance to your home, office or anywhere you like.

• Buildable LEGO® BrickHeadz set featuring Belle has colorful and authentic detailing from the classic Disney animation Beauty and the Beast, BrickHeadz eyes, buildable and detachable rose, plus a display baseplate.

Beast:

This BrickHeadz set featuring Beast is fun to build using colorful LEGO System bricks that recreate all of his iconic details, including decorated waistcoat outfit and buildable mane and horns, as seen in the classic Disney animation Beauty and the Beast. He also stands on a baseplate with special design for easy display.

• Buildable LEGO® BrickHeadz set featuring Beast has colorful and authentic detailing from the classic Disney animation Beauty and the Beast, BrickHeadz eyes, plus a display baseplate.

I'm interigued by these... I'm new to this, but my thought was to buy a significant number of them on the 15th when they are available to VIP members and post them on EBay/Bricklink right away. Perhaps people unaware of or not interested in the VIP program would pay above/double retail? Any thoughts/suggestions on that idea?

Edited by Bluebird55

9 minutes ago, Bluebird55 said:

I'm interigued by these... I'm new to this, but my thought was to buy a significant number of them on the 15th when they are available to VIP members and post them on EBay/Bricklink right away. Perhaps people unaware of or not interested in the VIP program would pay above/double retail? Any thoughts/suggestions on that idea?

Couple of things to keep in mind:

1. How are you going to buy "a significant number of them" without getting banned by LEGO?

2. If your strategy is bad, people might tell you. If your strategy is good, people won't tell you because that's their strategy too, and they don't need more competition :)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bluebird55 said:

Do it. If you get banned you get bragging rights ;).

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Couple of things to keep in mind:

1. How are you going to buy "a significant number of them" without getting banned by LEGO?

2. If your strategy is bad, people might tell you. If your strategy is good, people won't tell you because that's their strategy too, and they don't need more competition :)

Well, to answer question number 1. As a starter, "significant number" is probably much less than what you would consider it. Maybe only 2-3 of the top few most popular. Follow up question, Lego bans people? This lego investing thing is no joke! As for questions 2: I take that as a good sign, but I wouldn't tell you, because if I though your strategy in telling me something was bad, I'd tell you but if it was good, than I wouldn't tell you it was. So I'm not going to tell youweather or not I think it's a good idea. Hahaha! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Do it. If you get banned you get bragging rights ;).

Sounds fun! I'm in! Banned by a toy company!

• Like 1

Brand plays a huge factor and I'm willing to say these will be worth more than any funko or anything else like it.

Do yourself a favor and look up the limited edition and exclusive POP prices on eBay. Some of them go for crazy money. They have a very large and loyal fan base.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluebird55 said:

As a starter, "significant number" is probably much less than what you would consider it. Maybe only 2-3 of the top few most popular.

you are right, that is much less than many people would consider "significant number"

i don't see how you would have any issues doing the above.  just stay under the purchase limit.  i think all/most of us on here, at one point or another, bought into cool giveaways/new releases and bought a few for a quick flip.

• Like 1

The limit is advertised as 2, anyone know if that is per order? Or per customer? I figure the batsman one would be the most popular. I think I'll make one order of 3, 2 batmans, and one other, that gives me free shipping and the free poster which I also intent to flip. If I can sell those, and quickly, then I'll go back in and order my "significant quality". Anyone know if many many order of 3 will get me banned? Order 3 at a time gives me more posters, not that they will have much value... but it's free and free is free. My last decision would be, after Bateman, what would the most valuable one be? Any ideas?

12 minutes ago, Bluebird55 said:

The limit is advertised as 2, anyone know if that is per order? Or per customer? I figure the batsman one would be the most popular. I think I'll make one order of 3, 2 batmans, and one other, that gives me free shipping and the free poster which I also intent to flip. If I can sell those, and quickly, then I'll go back in and order my "significant quality". Anyone know if many many order of 3 will get me banned? Order 3 at a time gives me more posters, not that they will have much value... but it's free and free is free. My last decision would be, after Bateman, what would the most valuable one be? Any ideas ?

IMG_7974.PNG

Edited by Martae54
  • Like 2